This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I prefer Wallace to Steven

#11wind64aPosted 9/19/2013 12:47:34 PM
Umuru posted...
wind64a posted...
Umuru posted...
Sloth9230 posted...
Where did the Metagross touch you?

Nowhere... which was the problem for me anyway. Wallace was actually the far harder challenge.

Personally I found Wallace to be a breeze to defeat. Choosing Treeko or just training any Grass Type pretty much shuts him down ridiculously easily. If you don't have something for Water Types in a region that's half water, has a Water Gym, and a Water using Champion then it's entirely your own fault.

It was actually more of a choice. There were so many Ground and Rock types in Gen 3 that I really liked that I threw them onto my team. I started with Treecko, but decided to box it for that first playthrough of Emerald, and the rest of my team was Water and Flying or something like that so Tentacruel was actually the main problem for me.

Meanwhile I just built a normal team when I played through Ruby and Sapphire and handled Steven just fine.

So basically you purposely handicapped yourself against Wallace, but played regularly against Steven and used that as the basis for your analysis of them.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W1 FC: 4170 0917 6393
#12Sloth9230Posted 9/19/2013 12:48:54 PM
Umuru posted...
Sloth9230 posted...

Nowhere... which was the problem for me anyway. Wallace was actually the far harder challenge.

That's probably how you remember it, but not actually how it went down. This is probably what happened *sends in grass type**solos*, or *sends in electric type**solos everything except Wischash*.

Unless you didn't carry one of those for whatever reason, in which case you deserved it and probably struggled with the entire last half of the game.
#13UmuruPosted 9/19/2013 12:50:31 PM
wind64a posted...
Umuru posted...
wind64a posted...
Umuru posted...
Sloth9230 posted...

Personally I found Wallace to be a breeze to defeat. Choosing Treeko or just training any Grass Type pretty much shuts him down ridiculously easily. If you don't have something for Water Types in a region that's half water, has a Water Gym, and a Water using Champion then it's entirely your own fault.

It was actually more of a choice. There were so many Ground and Rock types in Gen 3 that I really liked that I threw them onto my team. I started with Treecko, but decided to box it for that first playthrough of Emerald, and the rest of my team was Water and Flying or something like that so Tentacruel was actually the main problem for me.

Meanwhile I just built a normal team when I played through Ruby and Sapphire and handled Steven just fine.

So basically you purposely handicapped yourself against Wallace, but played regularly against Steven and used that as the basis for your analysis of them.

Yup. That's about it.
#14Sloth9230Posted 9/19/2013 12:50:55 PM
Umuru posted...

Well gee, I wonder what went wrong here...