This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is this what the leak meant by Dual typed moves?

#1Hierarchy225Posted 9/19/2013 2:12:45 PM
http://pokebeach.com/2013/09/evolutions-aurorus-and-tyrantrum-revealed-new-xy-tid-bits

" Aurorus can learn a new Ice-type move called Freeze Dry, which can freeze the opponent and is also super effective against Water-type Pokemon."

Normally water resists ice, but now its weak to it(this move anyway).
---
The Official Teeruna of the Pokemon X Board // Power of Friendship is OP
3DS Friend Code 1993-7813-6870
#2Duskull24Posted 9/19/2013 2:14:02 PM
Possibly. It's sorta hard to know until we see all the other new moves
---
Not changing this sig until Gamefreak brings back the Trick Master. Started 9-19-10
I'm not a hater, I just have a low threshold for stupid.
#3scrappybristolPosted 9/19/2013 2:41:31 PM
Maybe there will be a fire move that is super effective against rock types so Charizards' Pokedex can finally have some truth to it. ^_^
---
http://i.imgur.com/gcr3yHJ.png
scrappy by name, scrappy by reputation
#4jayman7Posted 9/19/2013 2:44:12 PM
I hope so, because the best possible version of dualtype moves that actually are dualtype that I've seen suggested (multi-hit attacks) I'm still only lukewarm toward. This I have no problem with.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#5QuetzalmaPosted 9/19/2013 2:47:22 PM
if the move is dual-type, then it would be Ice and smthing that beats water, but if it follows the normal rules of Pokemon types, then it would simply be normal effective, not super effective, so I'm guessing this is an exception move.

and regarding Poison-type move to work on steel, I'd say an ability like Foresight, mby Corrosion that would remove the immunity(and leave it normal effective)
#6jayman7Posted 9/19/2013 2:48:57 PM
Quetzalma posted...
if the move is dual-type, then it would be Ice and smthing that beats water, but if it follows the normal rules of Pokemon types, then it would simply be normal effective, not super effective, so I'm guessing this is an exception move.

and regarding Poison-type move to work on steel, I'd say an ability like Foresight, mby Corrosion that would remove the immunity(and leave it normal effective)

No no no no no, you're missing the point. The point isn't that the move is dualtype. The point is that the Pokebeach leaker got confused and mistook the move for being dualtype.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#7The_Shadow_LinkPosted 9/19/2013 2:49:31 PM
Great, just make a common Water Type move that is Super Effective against Electric Types and Water will firmly take it's place as the most OP type in the game.
---
Wanting to become a wolf to end all of my life's problems.
People who agree with me: 37, Comment about it if you agree. ~*Ancient Status*~
#8pokemonzeroPosted 9/19/2013 2:57:33 PM
I want Dragon Fire- A Fire type attack that hits

these like Fire
Ice SE
Grass SE
Bug SE
Steel SE
Fairy Neutral

and hits the rest like Dragon

Only pokemon(except Smeargle) to learn this is Charizard