This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So if we get a ice move thats supereffective against water types..

#21Kagayaku08Posted 9/19/2013 5:03:06 PM(edited)
Hierarchy225 posted...
roxbury1990 posted...
I don't see why ice isn't SE against water to begin with.

smdh

Put a block of ice in a cup of water. Watch what happens.

smdh

by this logic, the ice in the Artic sea must be floating on air.

but a ground move that can hit flying pokemon makes sense to me.
---
nobody owes you anything but a roll of the eye, a kick in the ass, and gaffaw at how much you suck
#22kazooie959Posted 9/19/2013 5:07:01 PM
17Master posted...
FenriLoki posted...
I don't think it works like that.

Think more...a fire-type move that's super-effective against rocks.

This.

inb4 Grass type fans call for a Grass move that's super effective against one of Grass's many resistances. Or all of them.

Speaking as perhaps the biggest grass fans I say "eh" I can't really think of one that works... maybe absorb poison? Nothing really works though...

However a bug type move that is super effective on flying seems like a great idea... some spiders eat birds and small mammals. Don't give me spiders aren't insects crap either...
---
I am the great Kazoo! FEAR THE FEATHERS!!!
#23Sygma01Posted 9/19/2013 5:12:48 PM
I was thinking a few days ago why some moves cant have a typing based purely on the user. Rollout f'instance...Rollout is a Rock-type move...yet I would imagine a Pokèmon being hit by a Typhlosion using Rollout being like getting hit by a large fireball, not a boulder...
#24StealthRockPosted 9/19/2013 5:15:03 PM
Maybe a fighting move that hurts Psychic types

Something like

Knock out punch
Desc: Gives the opponent a severe concussion. 10% chance of sleep and 5% chance of instant KO. Also deals super effective damage to Psychic type pokemon
BP: 90
Acc: 30%
---
R-truth Used Somersault Senton!
Miz avoided the attack! R-truth kept going and crashed! R-truth fainted!
#25xXkewls0358Posted 9/19/2013 6:03:38 PM
See this is why im kind of dubious to the idea of this move. Don't get me wrong, water needs to be brought back down a level and ice needs to be brought up a notch or two. But breaking the mold like this opens up a whole new can of worms, and if you take it far enough then ...whats the point of the resist/effectiveness of the types? Not too mention it feels like the power creep just keeps growing an growing each gen and while I don't want to see a stall fest, I don't want to see a "got SE or go home? 1HKO" fest either.

Hope this remains to be the only move (or no more than a few) that does this. Then again maybe I'm just being pessimistic about it and some good things have yet to be shown for the defensive side as well as what we are seeing with the offense.
---
fEeD mEh!!1
#26RDS1Posted 9/19/2013 6:10:16 PM
Maybe "supereffective" just means it's much more likely to freeze Water-types, or something.
---
Official Bride and Wife of Noire
(of the Fire Emblem Awakening message board)
#27Twilight_SonataPosted 9/19/2013 6:20:22 PM
xXkewls0358 posted...
Then again maybe I'm just being pessimistic about it and some good things have yet to be shown for the defensive side as well as what we are seeing with the offense.

I could definitely see defensive versions of these sorts of things that play around with the type chart...

Disbelief
Psychic-type Status move
The user becomes immune to Fairy attacks and Ghost attacks. This lasts for five rounds.

Redwood Shield
Grass-type Status move
The user's Defense increases by 2 stages. If the user would normally take x4, x2, or x1 damage from Fire attacks due to its typing, it now takes x1/2 damage instead. This lasts until the user switches out.

Zapper
Electric-type Status move
The user's Special Defense increases by 1 stage, and it gains resistance to Bug attacks. Bug Pokemon that use an attack against it that makes contact are Paralyzed, as are any other Pokemon that use a Bug attack against it that makes contact. When a Pokemon is Paralyzed by the effects of this move, its other effects end.
#28choicespecPosted 9/19/2013 6:37:24 PM
Great suggestions! I'd like to see more creative moves. A lot of competitive battling involves types. By making more moves like these it reduces the importance of types and makes battling more interesting and we may see more variety of pokemon and strategies.
#29RoleOfGSHCPosted 9/19/2013 6:46:29 PM
Hierarchy225 posted...
FullAutoCVT posted...
Dragon type move that's SE against fairies.

Would kind of defeat the point of this gens meta.

Electric Move thats SE against Ground.

Horn Shock. Come on, how can you not do this at this point?
---
There is more than just Good and Evil, Light and Dark, Black and White. There's a myriad of colors that you won't see if you look at the world in two extremes.
#30Twilight_SonataPosted 9/19/2013 6:53:22 PM
Hierarchy225 posted...
Electric Move thats SE against Ground.

I still think that's why Zekrom's Terravolt ability should have let it do, hit Ground-types with Electric attacks. Yes, I know it's actually Teravolt, but whatever.