This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So apparently Serena knew Ash since they were kids?

#61Patriarch105Posted 9/19/2013 6:15:42 PM
Can someone bring me up to speed here? This sounds interesting.

Something about Serena the female character from X+Y knowing Ash in the anime?
---
Please say WHY you added me if you do add me or I will ignore you. PSN: Stryker105
#62JackSolomonPosted 9/19/2013 6:17:36 PM
Patriarch105 posted...

Apparently, they knew each other when they were little. Serena hears about or sees Ash somewhere, recognizes him as 'that boy from back then', and comes to some kind of decision.
#63Patriarch105Posted 9/19/2013 6:22:30 PM
JackSolomon posted...
Patriarch105 posted...

Apparently, they knew each other when they were little. Serena hears about or sees Ash somewhere, recognizes him as 'that boy from back then', and comes to some kind of decision.

Where'd this info come from?
---
Please say WHY you added me if you do add me or I will ignore you. PSN: Stryker105
#64JackSolomonPosted 9/19/2013 6:25:16 PM
Patriarch105 posted...
JackSolomon posted...

There was a trailer recently, showed her talking, then showed an image of young Ash, then her pulling her hat on in a determined manner. I got the translation from someone on this board, so while it's accuracy may be sketchy, I have no reason to disbelieve it at this time.
#65ShadowHyugaPosted 9/19/2013 6:26:59 PM
JackSolomon posted...
Patriarch105 posted...
JackSolomon posted...

There was a trailer recently, showed her talking, then showed an image of young Ash, then her pulling her hat on in a determined manner. I got the translation from someone on this board, so while it's accuracy may be sketchy, I have no reason to disbelieve it at this time.

the video is on serebii.net its in japanese though
---
Black 2 Skylar FC: 3826-7178-2787
#66WygunPosted 9/19/2013 6:34:06 PM
since they were kids? Hes not 10 years old anymore?
#67JackSolomonPosted 9/19/2013 6:35:18 PM(edited)
Wygun posted...

This may surprise you, but there ARE ages before ten. But he DOES appear a decent bit older than he has previously.
#68SMASHKING84Posted 9/19/2013 6:37:11 PM
Wygun posted...

shhh don't question anime canon :)
but seriously the only way this would make any since is if the theory taht each episode is one day is true. then ash would only be like 12.
(if he actually aged)
they only problem with that theory is a few time in the anime they do state time has passed.
---
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become a villain. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT2wyCXJ72s
#69Patriarch105Posted 9/19/2013 6:42:46 PM(edited)
JackSolomon posted...
Wygun posted...

This may surprise you, but there ARE ages before ten. But he DOES appear a decent bit older than he has previously.

That's not the point he was making.

Cartoons often have what is called a "Moving timeline" which allows for plot to move forward but the characters rarley age if ever. Similar to comics. It's why batman was created in 1939 and 1) Didn't start off as a new born and 2) isn't 74 in his storylines.

So how about you cut it with the sarcasm because pokemon should be about teaching each other to become the very best like no one ever was.
---

SMASHKING84 posted...

shhh don't question anime canon :)
but seriously the only way this would make any since is if the theory taht each episode is one day is true. then ash would only be like 12.
(if he actually aged)
they only problem with that theory is a few time in the anime they do state time has passed.

It's probably just a moving timeline. continuity rarely seems to matter once he enters a new region. It's why Pikachu is so weak when he starts a new journey when he should be able to 1-hit any and all pokemon since the 2nd season.
#70j04353Posted 9/19/2013 6:44:03 PM
Would be interesting to see if Serena has a crush on Ash. I don't care about shipping, but I do think it'd be a good way to make the plot more interesting and add some character development.

I would just hope her character is actually interesting or at least not annoying like past female companions.