This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New info about Shiny Pokemon ... Sorry if old!

#41swordsman126Posted 9/19/2013 7:01:00 PM
Brandon042487 posted...
LtCmdDudefella posted...
I don't like the idea of Shiny Pokemon being easier to obtain. I have yet to get a single shiny since Red, but if they make them easier, I wont feel as satisfied when I finally get one. Cooler and more outstanding colors is great though.

wait a minute

I have yet to get a single shiny Pokemon since Red

umm shiny Pokemon didn't exist in red.

He's just emphasizing that he's played every generation and never gotten a shiny. As opposed to not starting until Gen IV.
---
Currently playing SMT4, MH3U, FE:A and eagerly awaiting Pokemon X
Remember kids, there's no kill like overkill.
#42Kyle_Clarthy(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2013 7:06:12 PM
I have a shiny Giratina that I hunted for and I'm still going to get the event one, too. Does it make my Giratina any less special? I don't think so. To other people, maybe, but whatever. That's their issue, not mine. A shiny is as special as you want it to be.

I don't really like the Pokeradar, but I don't condemn others for using it. It's not as if their having a shiny affects me in any way.

I just don't really get the logic of some people. I mean, I understand everyone has an opinion, but the Pokeradar, Events, Shiny Charm, they're all optional.

If they do increase the odds, I doubt it will ever be 1 in 100. I hope they cater for everyone's tastes.
---
3DS FC #1: 5456 0313 8777 - Mayor Jake from Snicket (Main Town)
3DS FC #2: 0146 9662 4534 - Mayor Samuel from Clarthy (Villager Town)
#43NewbieN00bPosted 9/19/2013 7:07:41 PM
SMASHKING84 posted...
Kinneth123 posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...
and besides they give out event pokemon that are always shiny anyway. when they started doing that shiny pokemon lost any "special" status.

and another thing was how they made certain events be completly impossibel to get shinnies from.
hell the only legit shinies of mew jirachi and celebi have to be from gen 3. the rest were pid blocked.

Victini and the story versions of Reshiram and Zekrom were literally programmed to be impossible to be shiny even though shiny sprites for them were made.

the shinies versions of them were progam in case hackers hacked shiny reshy or zek.
if they didn't the game would crash.
Their's also a rumor stating if you go to reshy or zek with all of your boxes filled and your party filled you can be given the option to catch them later and that later version can be shiny.

The game wouldn't crash if there wasn't a shiny version, this isn't RGB, that games aren't that unstable, If they really didn't want them to have shinies they would have made them exactly the same as their normal forms.

And no, the box trick does not work. Was disproven a long time ago.
---
Give me all teh FE D':
White FC: 4428-2451-8791
#44SMASHKING84Posted 9/19/2013 7:10:42 PM
And no, the box trick does not work. Was disproven a long time ago.
i'm not calling you a liar but i'd like to see this.
just because if i don't see it disproven with my own eyes i'm gonna try it myself.
---
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become a villain. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT2wyCXJ72s
#45pikangiePosted 9/19/2013 7:16:52 PM
uuurrrggh posted...
They'll turn shiny pokemon into chibi pokemon.

If this means making them super cute, then I'm for it.

Sadly I have never seen a shiny Pokemon in my whole life of playing Pokemon... 17 years of playing and not a single shiny Pokemon... >_<
---
ACNL QR Codes: http://pikangie.tumblr.com/
3DS Friendcode: 4597-0805-4383
#46keybladesrusPosted 9/19/2013 7:24:54 PM
I would like them to be at least a little bit more common. I've played every gen multiple times in multiple versions. In all that time, and in all those playthroughs, the only legit shiny I've ever caught was the red Gyarados in Silver, Crystal, and Soul Silver...
---
"My favorite color of poop is seven." - Seanbaby, cracked.com
The Official Nox of the Kingdom Hearts 3 Board
#47emrlddragonPosted 9/19/2013 8:08:24 PM
NewbieN00b posted...
emrlddragon posted...
Maybe they just mean it will be easier to find a specific shiny pokemon, since the flower colors will change the odds of what you find. So if you are looking for a shiny growlithe you know to look in the blue flowers rather than the yellow.

Pretty sure they meant the actual pokemon that you encounter vary by flower color, not the chance of them being shiny.

No I mean it will be easier to find a shiny growlithe if you know there are more growlithe in the blue flowers then in the yellow flowers.
---
Forget what you know. Girls DO play video games. And Ill be damned, theyre pretty good at them too. ~ CtrlAltDel
B2 FC: FC: 2795 8467 2061
#48FuneralCakePosted 9/19/2013 8:09:15 PM
I hope this means the return of the Pokeradar. I loved that thing and was really disappointed it wasn't brought back in HGSS or gen 5.
---
YOU WANT SOME FUNERAL TO GO WITH THAT CAKE?
http://i.minus.com/ibeTNBZS1C6k9v.gif
#49raikou68Posted 9/19/2013 8:10:06 PM
FuneralCake posted...
I hope this means the return of the Pokeradar. I loved that thing and was really disappointed it wasn't brought back in HGSS or gen 5.

I want that back and the ability to be able to run without having to hold a button down ala SS/HG.
#50NewbieN00bPosted 9/19/2013 8:14:39 PM
emrlddragon posted...
NewbieN00b posted...
emrlddragon posted...
Maybe they just mean it will be easier to find a specific shiny pokemon, since the flower colors will change the odds of what you find. So if you are looking for a shiny growlithe you know to look in the blue flowers rather than the yellow.

Pretty sure they meant the actual pokemon that you encounter vary by flower color, not the chance of them being shiny.

No I mean it will be easier to find a shiny growlithe if you know there are more growlithe in the blue flowers then in the yellow flowers.

Oh, gotcha.
---
Give me all teh FE D':
White FC: 4428-2451-8791