This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New info about Shiny Pokemon ... Sorry if old!

#51DragrathPosted 9/22/2013 9:40:05 AM
hmm so this must mean they put a ton of Pokemon in each area hmm could be hard to catch a decent one for each mon but sounds interesting... hopefully it will not be too hard to locate a good natured Pokemon(I honestly don't care about IV's too much hassle never gotten more than 2 max anyway)

As for the shiny variation thing I hope it means my Gengar will look cooler...
#52ClassyOldHatPosted 9/22/2013 11:28:08 AM
LtCmdDudefella posted...
I don't like the idea of Shiny Pokemon being easier to obtain. I have yet to get a single shiny since Red, but if they make them easier, I wont feel as satisfied when I finally get one. Cooler and more outstanding colors is great though.

I never really understood this point of view. For me, when I just randomly stumble upon shinies, I don't really feel to much for them, and just catch them for the sake of catching them. But when I can EARN shinies, it becomes a reminder of an accomplishment, like the shinies you get for unlocking the nature preserve, or beating Black Skyscraper or White Treehollow.
#53Sticky_DerpPosted 9/22/2013 11:36:30 AM
SMASHKING84 posted...
i guess but only if you were guraneteed to see one every 1000 encounters.
that's why i suggested 1/100 because even if you didn't see a pokemon within the the first 100 you'd have a really high chance of seeing one right after that.

that is not how odds work at all
even at 1/100 you could still get tens of thousands of encounters without one

your odds will always be 1/100 even if you encounter 100, it doesn't add up with each "miss"
learn math
---
Fox news get's a pass because they have to go against reality's liberal bias. - SilentS89
#54GTomahawkPosted 9/22/2013 11:39:50 AM(edited)
I'm indifferent about the shiny thing but the new random encounter stuff potentially sounds cool.
#55ZXpenguinlordPosted 9/22/2013 11:54:00 AM
SMASHKING84 posted...
i guess but only if you were guraneteed to see one every 1000 encounters.
that's why i suggested 1/100 because even if you didn't see a pokemon within the the first 100 you'd have a really high chance of seeing one right after that.

That's not at all how it would work.
---
Meep.
#56tsunamisurfer08Posted 9/22/2013 12:05:52 PM
I've only ever seen two in all the time I've played (Cacnea and Mareep). And to be honest it wouldn't bother me if I never saw another one.

A good portion of shinies have better original colors and I've always preferred function over fashion. Statistically shinies are just as good as regular Pokemon of the same type.
---
Everything I have ever learned about life can be summed up in three words: It goes on.
-Robert Frost
#57MoonLightCloudPosted 9/22/2013 12:56:42 PM
SMASHKING84 posted...
And no, the box trick does not work. Was disproven a long time ago.
i'm not calling you a liar but i'd like to see this.
just because if i don't see it disproven with my own eyes i'm gonna try it myself.

Please do so and tell us your results, I want you to sit there and soft reset at least 1,000 times before giving up.
---
One of my best friends has a viral video, check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrasQOojFyo
#58boarbaquePosted 9/22/2013 1:01:21 PM
You know how there are delta species in the card game, right? I want those to be 1/100, and shinies to stay the same.
#59HeliotropePosted 9/22/2013 1:27:02 PM
I'm not sure how I'd feel about them lowering the shiny odds again. I mean with the shiny charm (and masuda method for eggs) it already brings the odds down to just over 1/1000, which still makes them quite rare.

I think they should include the shiny charm again, but have some way of "switching it off" if you want to hunt for shinies with the traditional 1/8192 odds (maybe they could make it a hold item that only increases the shiny odds if one of your team is holding it?).

But I am very much looking forward to hunting for lots of lovely new 6th gen shinies, regardless of the odds. Starting off with, well, the starters. I think it would be great if they made it so you could see if your starter is shiny in the selection screen, like with the Johto starters in HG/SS. It would be fun seeing which shiny starter you ended up getting. n_n

As long as they don't add shiny locks to any of the legendaries like they did in B/W 1&2. It still annoys me when I think of all the time I spent SR'ing for shiny Reshiram before I found out it couldn't be shiny... >_>
---
Currently taking a break from AC:NL. Will start a new town on new year's day. n_n
3DS FC: 2208-4574-2359