This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New info about Shiny Pokemon ... Sorry if old!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. New info about Shiny Pokemon ... Sorry if old!

User Info: Dragrath

Dragrath
3 years ago#51
hmm so this must mean they put a ton of Pokemon in each area hmm could be hard to catch a decent one for each mon but sounds interesting... hopefully it will not be too hard to locate a good natured Pokemon(I honestly don't care about IV's too much hassle never gotten more than 2 max anyway)

As for the shiny variation thing I hope it means my Gengar will look cooler...

User Info: ClassyOldHat

ClassyOldHat
3 years ago#52
LtCmdDudefella posted...
I don't like the idea of Shiny Pokemon being easier to obtain. I have yet to get a single shiny since Red, but if they make them easier, I wont feel as satisfied when I finally get one. Cooler and more outstanding colors is great though.

I never really understood this point of view. For me, when I just randomly stumble upon shinies, I don't really feel to much for them, and just catch them for the sake of catching them. But when I can EARN shinies, it becomes a reminder of an accomplishment, like the shinies you get for unlocking the nature preserve, or beating Black Skyscraper or White Treehollow.

User Info: Sticky_Derp

Sticky_Derp
3 years ago#53
SMASHKING84 posted...
i guess but only if you were guraneteed to see one every 1000 encounters.
that's why i suggested 1/100 because even if you didn't see a pokemon within the the first 100 you'd have a really high chance of seeing one right after that.

that is not how odds work at all
even at 1/100 you could still get tens of thousands of encounters without one

your odds will always be 1/100 even if you encounter 100, it doesn't add up with each "miss"
learn math
Fox news get's a pass because they have to go against reality's liberal bias. - SilentS89

User Info: GTomahawk

GTomahawk
3 years ago#54
I'm indifferent about the shiny thing but the new random encounter stuff potentially sounds cool.

User Info: ZXpenguinlord

ZXpenguinlord
3 years ago#55
SMASHKING84 posted...
i guess but only if you were guraneteed to see one every 1000 encounters.
that's why i suggested 1/100 because even if you didn't see a pokemon within the the first 100 you'd have a really high chance of seeing one right after that.

That's not at all how it would work.
Meep.

User Info: tsunamisurfer08

tsunamisurfer08
3 years ago#56
I've only ever seen two in all the time I've played (Cacnea and Mareep). And to be honest it wouldn't bother me if I never saw another one.

A good portion of shinies have better original colors and I've always preferred function over fashion. Statistically shinies are just as good as regular Pokemon of the same type.
Everything I have ever learned about life can be summed up in three words: It goes on.
-Robert Frost

User Info: MoonLightCloud

MoonLightCloud
3 years ago#57
SMASHKING84 posted...
And no, the box trick does not work. Was disproven a long time ago.
i'm not calling you a liar but i'd like to see this.
just because if i don't see it disproven with my own eyes i'm gonna try it myself.

Please do so and tell us your results, I want you to sit there and soft reset at least 1,000 times before giving up.
One of my best friends has a viral video, check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrasQOojFyo

User Info: boarbaque

boarbaque
3 years ago#58
You know how there are delta species in the card game, right? I want those to be 1/100, and shinies to stay the same.

User Info: Heliotrope

Heliotrope
3 years ago#59
I'm not sure how I'd feel about them lowering the shiny odds again. I mean with the shiny charm (and masuda method for eggs) it already brings the odds down to just over 1/1000, which still makes them quite rare.

I think they should include the shiny charm again, but have some way of "switching it off" if you want to hunt for shinies with the traditional 1/8192 odds (maybe they could make it a hold item that only increases the shiny odds if one of your team is holding it?).

But I am very much looking forward to hunting for lots of lovely new 6th gen shinies, regardless of the odds. Starting off with, well, the starters. I think it would be great if they made it so you could see if your starter is shiny in the selection screen, like with the Johto starters in HG/SS. It would be fun seeing which shiny starter you ended up getting. n_n

As long as they don't add shiny locks to any of the legendaries like they did in B/W 1&2. It still annoys me when I think of all the time I spent SR'ing for shiny Reshiram before I found out it couldn't be shiny... >_>
Currently taking a break from AC:NL. Will start a new town on new year's day. n_n
3DS FC: 2208-4574-2359
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. New info about Shiny Pokemon ... Sorry if old!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived