This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

how fast can I get pokemon from the original games?

#1xVSaNxPosted 9/19/2013 5:24:04 PM
they said you can get pikachu at least, but I want to get squirtle, bulbasaur, and charmander too if they're in? have they said whether they are or not?
#2DlordflashPosted 9/19/2013 5:25:43 PM(edited)
pikachu can be found in grass idk where in the game but I assume fairly early, the kanto starters you get from the professor of the game roughly sometime after you beat the first gym, but you only get to choose one
---
3DS FC: 4897-6258-8667
#3MaetchPosted 9/19/2013 5:26:24 PM(edited)
You mean in X/Y? They said you'll get a Kanto Starter very early on.
#4Patriarch105Posted 9/19/2013 5:36:02 PM(edited)
Your given one of the original starters early on in X+Y. As far as acquiring the other two goes with online trading I don't think it will be to hard.

One of the first things I plan on doing is breeding starters to get eggs to grab the rest of the starters.

Without the new Pokemon from X+Y there is 649 Pokemon currently and rumor has it that 600+ will be available in X+Y. So per game 100-151 new pokemon are added per game. So an average of 130 pokemon are added each game.

So assuming there are now a total of 779 pokemon there is a pretty safe bet most if not all Gen 1 pokemon will be available except possibly mew.
---
Please say WHY you added me if you do add me or I will ignore you. PSN: Stryker105
#5NewbieN00bPosted 9/19/2013 5:36:06 PM
You get your Kanto starter right after the first gym.
---
Give me all teh FE D':
White FC: 4428-2451-8791
#6HejiruPosted 9/19/2013 5:39:20 PM
After the first gym, you can choose Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle. (This is in addition to the regular Kalos starter you got at the beginning of the game.)
Pikachu will most likely be catchable in the wild without needing to transfer. We know Eevee will be obtainable somehow due to the existence of Sylveon.
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#7MaetchPosted 9/19/2013 5:46:15 PM
Hejiru posted...
Pikachu will most likely be catchable in the wild without needing to transfer.

You sure? Gen5 had no Pikachu whatsoever to catch in the wild, so GameFreak may be crazy enough to do it again.
#8LDSKnightPosted 9/19/2013 5:56:29 PM(edited)
Patriarch105 posted...
Your given one of the original starters early on in X+Y. As far as acquiring the other two goes with online trading I don't think it will be to hard.

One of the first things I plan on doing is breeding starters to get eggs to grab the rest of the starters.

Without the new Pokemon from X+Y there is 649 Pokemon currently and rumor has it that 600+ will be available in X+Y. So per game 100-151 new pokemon are added per game. So an average of 130 pokemon are added each game.

So assuming there are now a total of 779 pokemon there is a pretty safe bet most if not all Gen 1 pokemon will be available except possibly mew.

I know it's a stretch, but I'm wondering if the 738 in the GottaCatchEmAll.com's free code meant that the National Dex is only going to 738 this time. 89 new Pokemon isn't a whole lot, but considering that we're getting Mega Evolutions as well as new Pokemon, it doesn't seem so far-fetched. Plus, as Gen 6 is an even generation, we're probably getting less Pokemon than we did in Gen V.
---
Folkmiza everywhere else.
#9HejiruPosted 9/19/2013 5:51:07 PM
Maetch posted...
Hejiru posted...
Pikachu will most likely be catchable in the wild without needing to transfer.

You sure? Gen5 had no Pikachu whatsoever to catch in the wild, so GameFreak may be crazy enough to do it again.

That's why I said "probably." But the only reason there was no Pikachu in BW was that they were doing only 5th Gen Pokemon pre-Elite Four. That doesn't seem to be the case this time.
Not to mention we've seen the "A wild Pikachu appeared!" clip several times.
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#10jayman7Posted 9/19/2013 5:53:25 PM
LDSKnight posted...
I know it's a stretch, but I'm wondering if the 738 in the GottaCatchEmAll.com's free code meant that the National Dex is only going to 738 this time.

Uh, wasn't that code "XY1012"?
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere