This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

how fast can I get pokemon from the original games?

#11LDSKnightPosted 9/19/2013 6:57:43 PM
jayman7 posted...
LDSKnight posted...
I know it's a stretch, but I'm wondering if the 738 in the GottaCatchEmAll.com's free code meant that the National Dex is only going to 738 this time.

Uh, wasn't that code "XY1012"?

The entry code was. If you couldn't find any of the codes on the main site, the Official Rules had the code "XY738A" you could enter, which gave you an entry into the contest, but none of the bonus gifts.
---
Folkmiza everywhere else.
#12JarickoPosted 9/19/2013 7:00:58 PM
Maetch posted...
Hejiru posted...
Pikachu will most likely be catchable in the wild without needing to transfer.

You sure? Gen5 had no Pikachu whatsoever to catch in the wild, so GameFreak may be crazy enough to do it again.

Despite never using the rat. I still managed to get sick of it. I wish emolga could get some great upgrade. I want to use that one but its stats suck.
---
Jaricko - Official Venustoise of the omniverse / bacon in the fridge for all those who cry out in hunger of the Gamefaq's 3ds boards.
#13RoleOfGSHCPosted 9/19/2013 7:11:59 PM
Jaricko posted...
Maetch posted...
Hejiru posted...

You sure? Gen5 had no Pikachu whatsoever to catch in the wild, so GameFreak may be crazy enough to do it again.

Despite never using the rat. I still managed to get sick of it. I wish emolga could get some great upgrade. I want to use that one but its stats suck.

All of the Pika Clones have meh stats and no evo. I'm hoping that Dedene is the first to buck the trend, but I'm not holding my breath on that.
---
There is more than just Good and Evil, Light and Dark, Black and White. There's a myriad of colors that you won't see if you look at the world in two extremes.
#14Patriarch105Posted 9/19/2013 7:13:52 PM
LDSKnight posted...

I know it's a stretch, but I'm wondering if the 738 in the GottaCatchEmAll.com's free code meant that the National Dex is only going to 738 this time. 89 new Pokemon isn't a whole lot, but considering that we're getting Mega Evolutions as well as new Pokemon, it doesn't seem so far-fetched. Plus, as Gen 6 is an even generation, we're probably getting less Pokemon than we did in Gen V.

I wouldn't really mind. I haven't played since Gen 1 and is there really that much of a difference between one pokemon from another?

There's about 2 dozen pure electric pokemon. How many do we really need? And that goes for all types.
---
Please say WHY you added me if you do add me or I will ignore you. PSN: Stryker105
#15JarickoPosted 9/19/2013 7:17:41 PM
RoleOfGSHC posted...
Jaricko posted...
Maetch posted...
Hejiru posted...

All of the Pika Clones have meh stats and no evo. I'm hoping that Dedene is the first to buck the trend, but I'm not holding my breath on that.

Most of the pika clones really suck though for more then just stats or evo's. If emolga at least had another 20 - 30 speed and special attack it would be fairly decent. The move pool it has is fantastic. Although it has a stealth rock problem too. Would be great for the story though. I did however use cinccino in both white and black 2.
---
Jaricko - Official Venustoise of the omniverse / bacon in the fridge for all those who cry out in hunger of the Gamefaq's 3ds boards.
#16xVSaNx(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2013 11:43:46 AM
bonus gifts on that website? like what?

Ill have to try trading with a friend, maybe each of us save right before we choose the starter pokemon and give each one to each other
#17NextgrandcrossPosted 9/20/2013 11:52:21 AM
Maetch posted...
Hejiru posted...

Pretty certain it is, it's been seen in multiple trailers and the Demo coming out of the Grass with the "A Wild Pikachu has appeared" text. It's unknown when exactly through, I'd imagine sometime after the first gym.

Course that may be just the demo through, but I doubt you'd have to transfer it this time.