This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone still think Chespin's final evo will be Grass/Dark?

#1Sygma01Posted 9/19/2013 5:24:53 PM
My friend made an interesting point at pointing out how Dark-types usually have an appearance that caters towards sinister (Darkrai), mischievous (Sneasel), wicked (Houndoom), or ...Umbreon (Umbreon).

Yes, yes, I already know "aesthetics isn't enough to judge", "some Pokèmon evolve into a radically out-of-nowhere direction"...

All I'm asking is after seeing that Chespin becomes Quilladin, does anyone here still think that ultimately Chespin's final form will result in the often rumored Grass/Dark? Or is anyone considering otherwise?

For me, other than looking too...derp as Quilladin to be Dark in its final form, I want to believe the rumor of its final form, where it supposedly looks like "it's wearing more 'armor' and resembles a 'Football player'", which makes it sound like it should be Fighting, and also I'd like Ninja Frog evo to turn Water/Fighting (he says, knowing that Water/Dark is just as cool).
#2Missingno_MastrPosted 9/19/2013 5:28:07 PM
Well, I'd imagine Quilladin not looking like a Dark-type doesn't mean that much, given that Quilladin itself is in fact not a Dark-type. I mean, think about it- if you encounter a Cacnea or a Seedot for the first time, knowing nothing of their evolved forms, would you think "Oh, yeah. They become Grass/Dark, no question"? I wouldn't. Hell, I didn't- Grass/Dark never crossed my mind when I first saw Seedot in Ruby, and back then I knew nothing of Nuzleaf or Shiftry.
---
http://warflame.wikia.com/wiki/Missingno._Master http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9247960/1/404-Error
http://imageshack.us/a/img189/1407/jh6l.gif
#3BelligeroPosted 9/19/2013 5:30:41 PM
Missingno_Mastr posted...
Well, I'd imagine Quilladin not looking like a Dark-type doesn't mean that much, given that Quilladin itself is in fact not a Dark-type. I mean, think about it- if you encounter a Cacnea or a Seedot for the first time, knowing nothing of their evolved forms, would you think "Oh, yeah. They become Grass/Dark, no question"? I wouldn't. Hell, I didn't- Grass/Dark never crossed my mind when I first saw Seedot in Ruby, and back then I knew nothing of Nuzleaf or Shiftry.

Pretty much pinned down my thought on this.
#4jayman7Posted 9/19/2013 5:33:07 PM
Flying-types typically have an appearance that caters toward, y'know, wings.

After seeing Charmeleon, does anyone here still think that ultimately Charmander's final form will result in the often rumored Fire/Flying? Or is anyone considering otherwise?
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#5Sloth9230Posted 9/19/2013 5:36:12 PM
jayman7 posted...
Flying-types typically have an appearance that caters toward, y'know, wings.

After seeing Charmeleon, does anyone here still think that ultimately Charmander's final form will result in the often rumored Fire/Flying? Or is anyone considering otherwise?

Wings? Flying? That's stupid, it'll just become a dragon.
#6Lord_VishanaPosted 9/19/2013 5:39:19 PM
Without taking Malimar into consideration, use Inkay as an example. It's a Dark/Psychic type and the aesthetic design makes it look so cute an innocent looking. Not until it evolves does it look sinister.
---
Cuteness Overload! http://i.imgur.com/gw03gl7.png World's Biggest Kenichi Ebina Fan 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds
#7SNRGTCgamerPosted 9/19/2013 5:40:21 PM
Missingno_Mastr beat me to the punch. I was just about to bring up Seedot. Anyway...

One thing that came to my attention is concerning the whole Grass/Steel debate because it's based on a knight or rather it will become one when Quilladin evolves. As a Grass-type it could easily just develop wood armor to fit the whole knight aspect. Not all armor is made from metal.
#8gladwyn101Posted 9/19/2013 6:27:58 PM
I think Quilladin becomes either Grass/Steel or Grass/Fighting, since the line is supposedly based off of knights/paladins.
---
4e is not D&D, but WoW making a Disguise check.
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 0605-2800-9952; Trainer Name: Solace; First Pokemon (roleplaying): Snivy (Monty)
#9Mage_LordPosted 9/19/2013 7:01:55 PM
Chespin is going to be a dark knight
---
Paildramon for Smash Bros. 5
#10LexifoxPosted 9/19/2013 7:03:19 PM
I trust the leaks, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was right the first time and Grass/Fighting and Water/Dark.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod