This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone still think Chespin's final evo will be Grass/Dark?

#61jayman7Posted 9/20/2013 4:33:10 PM(edited)
Sloth9230 posted...
Ground beating fire is fine. It doesn't have to beat the psychic part of Fenniken. The only problem is Froakie and it's typing.

Buh?

I was saying that Grass/Ground is the sort of type you put in a starter if you're trying to set up a double triangle, like, oh, say, the fourth gen did. With Grass/Ground. And that if you don't want a double triangle, then Fennekin would have to pick up something Ground-resistant in its place, but no one expects that.

And that whatever you feel about starter triangles, GameFreak seems quite committed to them. I again bring up Mega Charizard and its lack of Dragon type. While the fad on this board is to say "Charizard is NOT A DRAGON LOL", be honest and tell me that, if Charizard was introduced this gen instead of five gens ago, you'd be stunned when it turned out to be Fire/Flying. Thing is, Fire/Dragon isn't weak to Water - and with Mega Venusaur getting Thick Fat, Charizard needs that Flying type in order to keep the advantage he's supposed to have.

With the leak, anything besides Grass/Dark and maybe Grass/Fighting is pretty much moot anyway.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#62NewbieN00bPosted 9/20/2013 4:36:20 PM
Maybe, it almost looks too happy XD
---
Give me all teh FE D':
White FC: 4428-2451-8791
#63Sloth9230Posted 9/20/2013 4:51:55 PM
jayman7 posted...

Buh?

I was saying that Grass/Ground is the sort of type you put in a starter if you're trying to set up a double triangle, like, oh, say, the fourth gen did.

Gen 4ths triangle didn't even work because neither Water or Steel could hit Torterra for SE, Ice beam wasn't a stab move and so the triangle doesn't have to rely on what hits for S/E.
#64Sloth9230Posted 9/20/2013 4:53:55 PM
We had an imperfect triangle before, we can have one again.
#65jayman7Posted 9/20/2013 4:54:31 PM
True, Ice wasn't STAB for Empoleon. However, Torterra took 4x damage from it. Everything else around the double triangle did only 3x damage (STAB + single weakness). Who wins that exchange?
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#66Sloth9230Posted 9/20/2013 5:01:31 PM
jayman7 posted...
True, Ice wasn't STAB for Empoleon. However, Torterra took 4x damage from it. Everything else around the double triangle did only 3x damage (STAB + single weakness). Who wins that exchange?

Not Torterra.