This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The REAL Solution to keeping Hackers out of Tournaments: TRIATHALONS!

#1SpacePirateKhanPosted 9/19/2013 7:10:00 PM(edited)
Should a Triathalon be a part of Pokemon Tournaments? - Results (79 votes)
HELL YES. This sounds AWESOME. Who cares if it's a joke topic? I want it now.
40.51% (32 votes)
YES. But it also needs to have: (list in your post)
0% (0 votes)
NO. I don't care if hackers enter tournaments as long as illegal 'mons are filtered out.
34.18% (27 votes)
HELL NO. Hackers are stupid, your satire is stupid, and I'm gonna tell my mommy you're a doodoo head.
25.32% (20 votes)
This poll is now closed.
The only thing that separates a hacker from a legit player is the extra things they do in-game to produce their legit Pokemon. Thusly, I propose that a series of Nickelodian Gameshow-style challenges are presented before anyone can compete in a Pokemon tournament:

1.) Tall Grass Dash
Players will run into a room full of tall "grass," caves, etc. Scattered everywhere in this room are round chips with images of every single Pokemon on them. Players receive a list of Pokemon and must hunt through this room for the six Pokemon on the list. Most Pokemon have 25-250 copies of themselves, depending on their rarity, but If you get a one-time Pokemon (Legendary, Event, etc.), well, good luck - they only get one Chip each. :D (Chips are thrown back in the room after they're turned in)

2.) Egg Bicycling
A long hallway will be presented in the Tournament building, with a "Daycare" replica. Bicycles will be provided for each player competing, and they must Cycle up and down the hallway; periodically an old man will step outside and give players Pokemon Eggs. The egg will detect when players reach certain waypoints on the track, and once the player has cycled up and down long enough, the Egg will start buzzing and glowing; if it glows Red, the player must give the egg to the old man, receive a new egg, and try again. If it glows Green, the player may continue to the next event.
Alternatively:
If you get tired of bicycling, you can go sit inside the Daycare Center and sit at one of their Pokemon slot machines. If you manage to line up three Dittos, you will be given an egg that's guaranteed to turn Green once it "hatches."

3.) 100 Meter Grind
Finally, players will reach a series of long conveyor belts - but they aren't allowed to move on them! Each conveyor belt has a place for your feet, and a remote control for you to press. Each time you push a button on the remote control, the belt moves a fraction of an inch forward. When you push the button enough times (Maybe it's 100,000, maybe it's 1,000,000, nobody cares enough to count) you'll eventually reach the finish line, and be deemed worthy of competitive play.

The strategies and actual fights/Pokemon stats are still the same, obviously. This just ensures everybody worked hard to get to the same goal, and those lazy noobs that hack will probably just quit and say it's a stupid feature that they shouldn't have to do to compete.
Oh, and if you don't finish all three events before the tournament starts, you're disqualified - but there is a RNG god shrine with old Game Boy replicas sitting in it, and you can press Down+B to improve your luck.. maybe.
---
"The best things in life must be taken... by force!"
~Khan from Rosetown, 4184-1827-7503
#2WolfJouninPosted 9/19/2013 7:02:01 PM
Implying that there won't be a way to hack around it lol...
---
Everything in life is a battle. Even peace itself is a battle to maintain it.
#3choicespecPosted 9/19/2013 7:04:26 PM
Would they screen for steroids?

Sounds like an idea for a Japanese game show.
#4SpacePirateKhan(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2013 7:07:27 PM
choicespec posted...
Would they screen for steroids?

Sounds like an idea for a Japanese game show.

Yes.
Although I tried to design the events in a way that would be fair even if you had steroids. Admittedly, the Bicycling event gives more athletic people a bit of an edge, but there's still a large luck factor involved.
---
#5Kinneth123Posted 9/19/2013 7:07:29 PM
It could be implemented in a better way, but I'd be all for a screening process.

I don't care if it means less people to fight, I want to fight people who actually raised a team.
---
3DS FC: 1332-8189-4231
#6SpacePirateKhan(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2013 7:11:49 PM
Kinneth123 posted...
It could be implemented in a better way, but I'd be all for a screening process.

I don't care if it means less people to fight, I want to fight people who actually raised a team.

It's not about who actually raised a team, it's about who did the most walking and button mashing.
Having a preliminary challenge such as this will ensure everybody grinds and gets lucky to an acceptable level.
---
#7Kinneth123Posted 9/19/2013 7:13:32 PM
SpacePirateKhan posted...
Kinneth123 posted...

It's not about who actually raised a team, it's about who did the most walking and button mashing.
Having a preliminary challenge such as this will ensure everybody grinds and gets lucky to an acceptable level.

Those who actually raised a team would still be ahead in both of those departments compared to someone who just generated a team though.
---
3DS FC: 1332-8189-4231
#8SpacePirateKhan(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2013 7:16:28 PM
Kinneth123 posted...
Kinneth123 posted...

Those who actually raised a team would still be ahead in both of those departments compared to someone who just generated a team though.

True. But there's no fair or accurate way to measure who did the most grinding, or who got lucky the fastest.
Besides, for someone who enjoys legit play to begin with, what's another grind? They'll probably enjoy the new events.
Hackers, on the other hand, will probably give up and go home. And the ones that don't at least had to put in the work that legit players did.
---
#9SpacePirateKhan(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2013 8:30:55 AM
Seriously, though, hacking is lame. You guys should bike and grind levels more. All the cool kids are doing it.
---
#10BalloonBattle05Posted 9/20/2013 4:41:42 PM
Seriously, though, hacking is lame. You guys should bike and grind levels more. All the cool kids are doing it.

Maybe we would be doing that if IVs weren't so stupid.
---
A GameFAQs user from August 1, 2010 to March 27, 2012.
Known as Megaleg back then.