This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your first Pokemon experience/game?

#1TweezerMasterPosted 9/19/2013 9:42:43 PM(edited)
I swear I didn't see a topic similar to this one when I decided to make this! It took a while for me to type this all down lol.

Here is mine!

*Warning! Wall of Text!*

I named my Pikachu from Yellow AAAAAAAA. It was actually mine and my brother's game, and we shared it. He had started the game, and for a reason I cannot recall, he handed the game to me. Being an 8 or 9 old I couldn't care less to what was being said by some old man, so I kept pounding down on that 'A' button! When he finally got the game back he went into a battle, he saw what I had done. Oh how he yelled at me. We would switch between playing it on Pokemon Stadium and our GB Pocket. It didn't last for long though, because we shared it, we both wanted to do everything, we didn't get too far in the game.

My brother eventually stopped liking pokemon and it became 'mine' and I went though my own game getting to about the 30-40s and stopped. I remember a few sort years later I picked the game back up, started over and got all the badges. I still had the E4 left to do and the only legendary I had captured was Zapados. I remember seeing and fighting a Moltres and I last recall saving near it.

Unfortunately a old friend 'stole' it, along with the GB Pocket. I mean technically he didn't steal it, but rather I believe I forgot it at his house and it was never returned to me. I Found out he had a GB Pocket and Yellow after I over heard him talking about 'his' pokemon yellow and GB Pocket. I miss that game, it and the GB Pocket we played it on were actually mine and my brother's first game/system, and hold a lot of sentimental value.

Haha now this makes me want to get those back and play them. Hope someone read this wall of text lol.
---
Ichi wa zen, Zen wa ichi
FC: 0490-5494-2556
#2MisterVanitasPosted 9/19/2013 9:49:54 PM
The first time I ever played a pokemon game was in the dentist's office. They had all kinds of things you could do to pass the time in the waiting room, and they had Pokemon Gold, I think. I can't remember much, but I remember that it was dark out in the game, and there was a Suicune that kept f***ing running away.
---
"You see, Kaidan doesn't level up, he just stops holding back." --andy12handy
#3Ice_birdPosted 9/19/2013 9:58:49 PM
My first game was Red version. I was to young at the time to understand what was going on, so I never found out how to get into Saffron city and I couldn't beat it. I remember giving it to one of my friends so they could help me out, but instead they beat the entire rest of the game for me. It kind of ruined the game for me. I got my version kind of late because I remember asking for Blue version, so I could beat it by myself, for my birthday and my mom came home with Sapphire instead. By that time I could understand what was happening in the game and I really enjoyed it. In a way Sapphire was my first fun memory with Pokemon.

Sorry for the wall of text, but that's my story.
---
My sociology class is killing my faith in humanity.
#4TweezerMaster(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2013 10:05:02 PM
Haha, nothing compared to my wall! I am happy people are posting! Whenever I post something like this I never get replies.
---
Ichi wa zen, Zen wa ichi
FC: 0490-5494-2556
#5BionicLotusPosted 9/19/2013 10:10:22 PM
I got Silver and a Gameboy Color for Christmas, 2000. I was 7 years old. My twin brother had Gold as well. I had played Red on my cousin's Gameboy prior to that, but I was obsessed with the show, which is why I asked for it for Christmas.

Chikorita was my first Pokemon ever, and it's still one of my favourite Pokemon ever. I loved Silver so much! For a 7 year old, I had a pretty great understanding of what was happening, cause I beat the Elite Four. I even got a Celebi from the event they had for it in 2001!
---
3DS Friend Code: 0001-3342-4877 - Martin
#6evoxpiscesPosted 9/19/2013 10:33:40 PM
I had no idea about this game til I saw in Nintendo Power it came with a special mini Pokemon strategy guide and read the whole thing over, then they released parts 2 and 3 before the game was even out and I read all of it...then the cartoon started and I watched that, didn't miss an episode at first, and then finally the game came out and I had to beg my mom to take me to Toys R Us to get it so my friend and I could play. I got Red, he got Blue. I chose Squirtle and he chose Bulbasaur. We played, we battled, we traded... Ahh good times.
---
3DS FC: 3609-1124-3955