This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Confirmed: No post-release patches for rebalance.

#51Mewtwo_soulPosted 9/20/2013 9:50:22 AM
Twilight_Sonata posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...
The Pokemon are locked on the game, they aren't DLC.

Those are not mutually exclusive things. On-disc DLC is still DLC.

All they'd have to do is patch the game so the Wonder cards don't disappear upon reset. Connect through online/wifi/etc. But give us a key to keep the events going. (or just unlock all wondercards through said patch and keep them available in the future. So resetting doesn't reset Wonder cards./events.) That way we can enable them again.

I'm not getting what you want. It seems like it would completely negate the point of event Pokemon, and negate the point of trading with your friends. With one download, you could have an infinite number of the same even Pokemon just by restarting your game?

That's not what I'm meaning. I'm meaning that they aren't created out of nothing. They were programmed before the release. General DLC is normally meant as off-disc DLC. Day 1 DLC for instance, if off-disc is just called DLC.

Second, that's the point. Event Pokemon is a pointless theatric to either:

A) Make someone feel left out.

B) Set restrictions.

C) Remove parts of the game in the future upon reset.

It's really stupid and there is no justification.

Just like Xbox One trying to make the game system "Online only" Because everyone has great internet access (broadband) and the like , right?

Nintendo should be moving to remove stupid concepts from their games. Events have always been bad, even since gen 1.

Second, trading with your friends? I'm sure if you don't have access, they don't have access. So your point makes no absolute since by saying it negates trading with friends. You're assuming they have the event Pokemon in the first place, or want to trade it at that.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#52Twilight_SonataPosted 9/20/2013 9:54:19 AM
Mewtwo_soul posted...
General DLC is normally meant as off-disc DLC.

DLC has no inherent on- or off-disc meaning.

Event Pokemon is a pointless theatric to either:
B) Set restrictions.

Not sure if serious. o_O
#53Mewtwo_soulPosted 9/20/2013 9:59:07 AM(edited)
Mewtwo_soul posted...
General DLC is normally meant as off-disc DLC.

DLC has no inherent on- or off-disc meaning.

Event Pokemon is a pointless theatric to either:
B) Set restrictions.

Not sure if serious. o_O

It's what event Pokemon has done since the start.

Like the Serebii event. You reset the game, or someone didn't access it or buys a copy of said version, they can't obtain Serebii or the event now. Wonderful, not they lose the option to see Giovanni or the mess of other event areas.

It's a restriction which is pure fact.

It's intended to make people feel left out.

There are a limited amount of Pokemon from that event. Not everyone is going to get one. That's what we call "dividing the masses."

Simple pure and plain.

DLC is generally meant as off-disc though. This is common sense.

If I were saying I wear sandals, men can wear them too, but they are generally thought of as more effeminate.

Edit: I've been going to Serebii.net too much, now I'm calling Celebii by it's Japanese name all the time XP.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#54Twilight_SonataPosted 9/20/2013 10:02:20 AM
Mewtwo_soul posted...

Now I'm sure you're not being serious. <_<

DLC is generally meant as off-disc though.

No, it is not generally meant as anything.

If I were saying I wear sandals, men can wear them too, but they are generally thought of as more effeminate.

No, that is equally as ridiculous as the other thing.
#55Mewtwo_soulPosted 9/20/2013 10:04:01 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#56Mewtwo_soulPosted 9/20/2013 10:04:08 AM
Mewtwo_soul posted...

Now I'm sure you're not being serious. <_<

DLC is generally meant as off-disc though.

No, it is not generally meant as anything.

No, that is equally as ridiculous as the other thing.

Now, I'm sure you're just a snarky arrogant ass. Looks like I'm correct.

Yes it is generally meant as something.

Do you know that generalisations exist all around you sir?

Since you don't comprehend that much, you've lost your validity of anything you say to me or try to condescend with.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generalization

Good game troll, but you lose.
---
#57Twilight_SonataPosted 9/20/2013 10:09:03 AM
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Now, I'm sure you're just a snarky arrogant ass.

I'm a snarky, arrogant ass because I don't have some conspiracy theory about even Pokemon being out to exclude folks?

Yes, but not what you say it's generally meant as.

Since you don't comprehend that much, you've lost your validity of anything you say to me or try to condescend with.

I think your trying to pull this foolish nonsense has given me exactly license to do otherwise.
#58Mewtwo_soulPosted 9/20/2013 10:11:14 AM
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Now, I'm sure you're just a snarky arrogant ass.

I'm a snarky, arrogant ass because I don't have some conspiracy theory about even Pokemon being out to exclude folks?

Yes, but not what you say it's generally meant as.

I think your trying to pull this foolish nonsense has given me exactly license to do otherwise.

It's not a conspiracy.

Some people will have them some will not. Nintendo knows they aren't highly available. Thus it seperates the masses. This is common sense.

---

Which it is generally inferred as. Genius. Did you figure out yet what I'm saying. DLC is generally not on Disc. There is more pure digital content. than On disc. Only that on-disc and non-digital content is known more because of how awful it is and how much attention it attracts.

---

Say whatever you want, since you still don't comprehend what a generalisation is, you've already proven my point. Keep on trolling buddy, you're not very good at it.

Also, nice way to shove words in my mouth.
---
#59Twilight_SonataPosted 9/20/2013 10:17:59 AM(edited)
Mewtwo_soul posted...
It's not a conspiracy.

You sure are trying super hard to make it sound like one.

Did you figure out yet what I'm saying. DLC is generally not on Disc.

Yes, I figured out that's what you were trying to say. What I'm saying is that you're wrong.

Only that on-disc and non-digital content is known more because of how awful it is and how much attention it attracts.

So... now on-disc DLC is known more? You're gonna have to make up your mind here.

Keep on trolling buddy, you're not very good at it.

I would disagree. You seem to be getting pretty butthurt, so if I were trolling you, I think I'd be doing a mighty fine job at it.
#60Mewtwo_soulPosted 9/20/2013 10:24:34 AM
Mewtwo_soul posted...
It's not a conspiracy.

You sure are trying super hard to make it sound like one.

Did you figure out yet what I'm saying. DLC is generally not on Disc.

Yes, I figured out that's what you were trying to say. What I'm saying is that you're wrong.

Keep on trolling buddy, you're not very good at it.

I would disagree. You seem to be getting pretty butthurt, so if I were trolling you, I think I'd be doing a mighty fine job at it.

Except it's not a hidden agenda. It's a common thing companies do.

Look at Magic the Gathering. They set a special limited box set at one tournament in California, that was only available at that tournament in that specific place. Screwing over thousands of other players. Although this is drastically different, as you can get the event Pokemon and other states, and they don't "run out of stock." The concept is the same. Wizards of the Coast wanted to divide the masses wit the "Haves, and the have nots."

Common (stupid and bad) practices companies pull.

I'm not wrong. A generalisation since you don't know what it is, I get it, you don't. Is a term or reference with a concept. For instance, Bulbasaur is more likely to be a male than female in game. (85% chance compared to 15% female) so if someone calls Bulbasaur a male, it is a generalisation or they are using a generalisation in comparison to what they commonly get.

IE: Because there are factually more male Bulbasaur.

Same too with DLC: When talking about general DLC most DLC is digital. On disc DLC is not digital, no. The key you unlock it from the game with is digital, he content is not.

This is why when you download DLC for a 360 game such as a costume that's on disc: IT only takes 100 KB. Because the key is unlocking it. You aren't actually receiving the content.

In which case I'm talking generally about DLC which is more than standardly digital. (VC games, XBLA games, PSN games) all digital content.

just because I didn't specify doesn't mean the generalisation isn't there. (Same with Bulbasaur example, I don't have to make mention of that 85%vs. 15% every single time I call a Bulbasaur "he, or him."

It's obvious you're trolling bud. The best part is all you're doing is circular logic.
---