This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Confirmed: No post-release patches for rebalance.

#71-hotdogturtle--Posted 9/20/2013 11:10:55 AM
Nintendo has this thing called a "quality assurance" department. Nintendo rarely has any game-breaking bugs in thier games thanks to the hard work of these people. Companies like Bethesda hardly put any work into testing their games, thus they release patches all the time.

Post of the year.
---
Hey man, LlamaGuy did encrypt the passwords.
With what? ROT-13? -CJayC
#72WygunPosted 9/20/2013 11:54:16 AM(edited)
Zhacarias posted...
Nintendo has this thing called a "quality assurance" department. Nintendo rarely has any game-breaking bugs in thier games thanks to the hard work of these people. Companies like Bethesda hardly put any work into testing their games, thus they release patches all the time.

You didnt play gen 1 right?
Jokes aside, i think they could still release bugfixes. Theyre just not changing stats, skills ,items , etc like for example lol or starcraft patches do.
#73SaraAB87Posted 9/21/2013 5:24:19 PM
The only problem I have with event pokemon are when they leave a hole in your game, like when you need the unlock to get to a certain area, and the game will just say a random message, or a door you can't open to a house until you get the unlock key. That is where it gets annoying. Then if you purchase the game after the event is out then you will never have access to it at all, and it will leave a permanent hole in your game, a place that can never be accessed.

A person who buys the game within 2-3 weeks of release will probably get more content than a person who receives the game as a Christmas present. This is especially annoying.

When the game ages they really need to release a patch that just unlocks all events, so people aren't missing out if they buy the game at a later date.

But missing out on an event that they just give you and then you pick it up from the pokemon guy in the pokemart, that is not really annoying because it doesn't do anything permanent, it just gives you an extra.

I can afford to buy both games at launch not that I need both but I will get them because I will severely regret it if I don't but not every one can afford $80 for a pair of games.
---
Apple Gamecenter username : SaraAB87