This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So Kalos' official Starters are the Kanto Starters? *Spoilers*

#1JustwanttolookPosted 9/20/2013 6:07:12 AM
So you get the Kalos Starter from your friends. Later the Regions Professor gives a Kanto Starter.
Now we can assume that the Kalos Trio are not the regions Starter pokémon but just rare and that the Kanto Pokémon are the starters all Trainers in Kalos under normal circumstances start with?
#2RotomGuy3Posted 9/20/2013 6:08:22 AM
No. The professor just happens to have them and says "Well, it would be wonderful to take another Pokemon with you!"
#3SalsaSavantPosted 9/20/2013 6:08:53 AM
No, the three you're given were delivered to you from the professor.

I think he just has the Kanto starters because he's researching Mega Evolution.
---
On 12/02/12 I said I wouldn't change this until something impossible happened. Now, Earthbound just got re-released in the US.
#4NewbieN00bPosted 9/20/2013 6:14:08 AM
Your friends deliver the kalos starters from the professor because the professor isn't in/near your home town.
---
Give me all teh FE D':
White FC: 4428-2451-8791
#5MaplesGrandGMPosted 9/20/2013 6:15:50 AM
Yes, what they said, and Oak had to run back to Kanto, which is why he couldn't give them to you. Team Rocket has revived and is wreaking havoc, and you'll only be able to help once you beat the E4, and prove yourself worthy. Kanto, it's in the game.
#6Justwanttolook(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2013 6:18:18 AM
First of all, thanks for the clarification^^.

MaplesGrandGM posted...
Yes, what they said, and Oak had to run back to Kanto, which is why he couldn't give them to you. Team Rocket has revived and is wreaking havoc, and you'll only be able to help once you beat the E4, and prove yourself worthy. Kanto, it's in the game.

And...Just no. Team Rocket was horrible. And Kanto has been overdone. Maybe in 5 years or so,
hmm rather 10 years. Then we can talk about an other Kanto game.
#7MeepleLardiclePosted 9/20/2013 6:25:39 AM
The Polygon review also stated that Sycamore takes more of a "send person on errand" style to get things done, as opposed to doing things himself. This is why your friends give you a Kalos starter instead of Sycamore himself.
---
www.rpgdl.com
The site Meeple argues at for too much of his life!
#8kclaujamesPosted 9/20/2013 6:27:25 AM
They finally did it. I knew it. Now people are confused about which starters are the Kalos starters. Really sad for a supposedly new game.
#9RotomGuy3Posted 9/20/2013 6:29:58 AM
afsdfadf posted...
They finally did it. I knew it. Now people are confused about which starters are the Kalos starters. Really sad for a supposedly new game.

What are you talking about?