This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's the best Pokemon forum?

#11HejiruPosted 9/20/2013 9:26:10 AM
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Hejiru posted...
Depends. SPPf has crazy moderators, but the Bulbagarden forums are less active. Pokebeach's forums are even less active.

Moderators on any site are crazy. Hell, I should know, I'm a moderator on a few gaming sites. Non paying job=Anger issues while preforming the job.

Sadly.

My problem with SPPf is that the mods take it way too seriously. They have ultra-strict rules on what you're allowed to talk about, and if somebody ever makes a joke topic they lose their minds. That sort of modding makes stuff like their Debate forum good, but the Pokemon forums should be more laid back and just let people have fun. Some of the mods are ok (like Profesco, but he left) but a lot of them are way too power-happy.
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#12Nightstar1994Posted 9/20/2013 9:27:18 AM
Serebii Forums likes to give warnings for nothing. Even though the site is awesome, the forum is like prison.
---
Official Giratina
#13Mewtwo_soulPosted 9/20/2013 9:28:11 AM
Hejiru posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Hejiru posted...
Depends. SPPf has crazy moderators, but the Bulbagarden forums are less active. Pokebeach's forums are even less active.

Moderators on any site are crazy. Hell, I should know, I'm a moderator on a few gaming sites. Non paying job=Anger issues while preforming the job.

Sadly.

My problem with SPPf is that the mods take it way too seriously. They have ultra-strict rules on what you're allowed to talk about, and if somebody ever makes a joke topic they lose their minds. That sort of modding makes stuff like their Debate forum good, but the Pokemon forums should be more laid back and just let people have fun. Some of the mods are ok (like Profesco, but he left) but a lot of them are way too power-happy.

It's not just that either, a lot of them are bias. One person can break a rule, and get away with it assuming you are said mods friend, and then punish others.

I witnessed one time a guy was saying stupid things, and everyone was calling him a moron and getting away with it on Serebii. Don't get me wrong, the guy said some stupid things, but you shouldn't disregard your rules like that, especially when they could have just removed his topic and warned him in private, not publicly humiliated him. Then again the mods here are ********* too.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#14Puma_ItaliaPosted 9/20/2013 9:29:58 AM
Smogon/Serebii
---
Pokemon White 2- 0347-7093-6129
#15RotomGuy3Posted 9/20/2013 9:31:52 AM
On_The_Edge posted...
I want a community of people who play for fun and don't use pokegen, ideally, but are still into EV training and breeding

Well, I know a semi-populated forum called Victory Road. We don't like hackers, and there was a gym league full of Competetive People until X and Y got announced. We are going to boot it up again on the 12th.
#16NextgrandcrossPosted 9/20/2013 9:35:04 AM
Serebii for sure.
#17XWolfOPosted 9/20/2013 9:38:45 AM
I like Serebii's forum the most. Sure, the mods are pretty strict, but I've never gotten in trouble there (or anywhere for that matter), so whatever. I just like it for the casual discussions and stuff like that.
---
Woof...
#18DefazePosted 9/20/2013 10:58:45 AM(edited)
Aww, no love for PE2K? From what I've heard, it's essentially dead now, but I spent a hell of a lot of time on it around 5-6 years ago. I always preferred it to Serebii and the like; it was less active but the server was much faster as a result and it just felt more like a community. Oh and not to the mention the Art boards - some fantastic memories involving them!

Forgot about the site themes too - they weren't an eyesore like Serebii's, which is always a plus.