This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

should there be another female champ or male champ?

#31LAMRSRPosted 9/20/2013 9:30:56 AM
Diantha screams champ, and we're due for another female champion.
---
3DS: Edras 4725-7995-0581
#32agent9149Posted 9/20/2013 9:34:52 AM
LAMRSR posted...
Diantha screams champ, and we're due for another female champion.

I would be happy. She looks fierce.
#33Twilight_SonataPosted 9/20/2013 9:37:07 AM
XWolfO posted...
Actually, there is a reason. I just don't like females in general that much. Call it whatever you want, but that's why I always put males first, and that's also why I rather see a male champion, a male professor, etc.

Okay, so it is just sexism then. Just checking.

warnerbroman posted...
you sound like you want 4 more female trainers before another male trainer

Not necessarily. I just don't like the implication that's so often thrown out that we're done or that we don't need any more just because we have some. We haven't "met our quota" or any such thing, and a small number of token characters doesn't excuse a broadly overarching lack of diversity.

also don't bite people heads off for having an opinion

I will happily bite folks' heads off when their opinions are backed up by nothing but blatant sexism. If their opinion had been backed up by something else totally reasonable (and even I could think of such a reason easily), then it would be no problem.

or think that it's a conspiracy against women.

It is, though. That it is should be obvious.
#34tyranitartyranyPosted 9/20/2013 9:38:22 AM
robinhoek posted...
It should be Mewtwo.

I like this. We'd only ever hear arguments about whether that mewtwo is a male or female though
---
Currently playing: Mass Effect 2, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, Pokemon: SoulSilver
Just finished: The Last of Us, Kingdom Hearts 3D
#35XWolfOPosted 9/20/2013 9:46:29 AM
Twilight_Sonata posted...
I just don't like the implication that's so often thrown out that we're done or that we don't need any more just because we have some.

But we are done. We do have a few female champions (two to be exact) and the quota has been met. We do not need more.
---
Woof...
#36Meta289Posted 9/20/2013 9:48:31 AM
XWolfO posted...
I just don't like the implication that's so often thrown out that we're done or that we don't need any more just because we have some.

But we are done. We do have a few female champions (two to be exact) and the quota has been met. We do not need more.

Really, if you want to be taken seriously, you should probably give some good reasons as to why you are so misogynistic.
---
R.I.P. Pokemon Cycle
Fact: Things are so much better when taken at face value.
#37G-ScythePosted 9/20/2013 9:49:06 AM
I just want the champ to be interesting and threatening looking. Dont care about the gender.
Good: Blue, Lance, Cynthia
Bad: Iris, Alder, Wallace

as for sexism claims, wanting females for the sake of females is just as sexist as wanting males for the sake of males.
---
Not changing this sig until I get bored of it - started 8/11/2011
3DS FC: 3282-2034-0238
#38Twilight_SonataPosted 9/20/2013 9:49:29 AM
Meta289 posted...
XWolfO posted...

Really, if you want to be taken seriously, you should probably give some good reasons as to why you are so misogynistic.

I'm pretty sure at this point at they're just trolling and that we can disregard.
#39RPGgamer777Posted 9/20/2013 9:49:41 AM
I thought this topic was about Machamp...
---
"Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt." - Act I Scene IV
#40Twilight_SonataPosted 9/20/2013 9:52:32 AM
G-Scythe posted...
as for sexism claims, wanting females for the sake of females is just as sexist as wanting males for the sake of males.

That's not how that works, like, at all. When a problem of inadequate diversity or representation is pointed out, you don't fix the problem by saying that the only way to fix the problem is to ignore it.