This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are you picking up a physical or digital copy of the game?

#11giant_joe67Posted 9/20/2013 9:12:39 AM
physical copy
---
i can't change your future, but only you can.
#12paiprPosted 9/20/2013 9:14:42 AM
chunkyshtew posted...
Always physical. What if something goes wonky with your memory card, or 3DS? Always safest to go physical imo.

Same thing that happeneds if something goes wonky with your game cart.
---
.....said an almost 30 year old married guy driving a van part time for a living
3ds my fc, 0602-6823-9646, my wifes 0146.9112.0071
#13KingTigger79Posted 9/20/2013 9:22:11 AM
If the digital purchase was tied to an account, so I could re-download it if needed, then I'd get that, but seeing as it isn't, then it's physical all the way for me.

Plus, charging the same for the digital version as a physical copy I think is pretty bad.
#14Devan2230Posted 9/20/2013 9:22:42 AM
XWolfO posted...
I always get the physical copy if I can. No exceptions.

---
Check us out! All support is appreciated.
www.youtube.com/theunboundfive
#15chunkyshtewPosted 9/20/2013 9:23:40 AM
paipr posted...
chunkyshtew posted...
Always physical. What if something goes wonky with your memory card, or 3DS? Always safest to go physical imo.

Same thing that happeneds if something goes wonky with your game cart.

Game cards are removable and aren't tied directly to the system, which is the point I'm getting at. Currently, if you have a downloaded game on your 3DS, you cannot sell your 3DS, upgrade to a new system, and there is a much higher probability of something going wrong with is opposed to a game cartridge. As another poster put it...

... a system like the 3DS where all your downloads are tied to the system itself with no accounts system like PSN or XBL, digital just seems like a bad idea. Plus, since there's really zero incentive to buy digital over physical, same price for what is essentially a rom file, I'll stick with that.
---
d(^o^)b ~ And then I ate the bowl!
#16MoonLightCloudPosted 9/20/2013 9:34:44 AM
Physical.

The main reason I ever went digital was because Fire Emblem Awakening was becoming impossible to order online and I live overseas, so I wanted to guarantee myself the game, also playing an hour after release instead of waiting 2-4 weeks was too good.

However, my bro and I made the mistake of going digital in Animal Crossing. Originally we were going to make a shared Mayor, but for some reason he decided he didn't like the idea once we got the game (he's young; I tried to tell him that being the Mayor isn't such a big deal, but he was just so stubborn about it), so now he's the mayor of a game stuck on my 3DS. It's whatever, but I really do hope that one day Nintendo will let us transfer individual games (highly doubt it'll ever happen, but I can still hope). Saddest thing is that we haven't even touched Animal Crossing after the first 2 months, which means we should've just ordered the physical copy and waited for it to come in.

Anyway, after that, I've learned from my mistake. Still, I'm going to have to suck it up for Ace Attorney 5.
---
One of my best friends has a viral video, check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrasQOojFyo
#17Rook_the_RangerPosted 9/20/2013 9:36:45 AM
Digital copy of X on release and physical copy of Y for Christmas or birthday.
#18SakurafanboyPosted 9/20/2013 9:39:37 AM
Physical copies of both X and Y. :D
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin! (Official Riku of KHIII board)
#19GollyFluffPosted 9/20/2013 9:44:18 AM
I'll get one physical and one digital if they're different enough to warrant a purchase of both. If not, I'm gonna drive to the Nintendo World Store in Roc Center for the midnight release (if that even happens).
---
"Captain Falcon wasn't confirmed for Brawl. Brawl was confirmed for Captain Falcon."
#20choicespecPosted 9/20/2013 10:02:33 AM
Physical

I already preordered them at gamestop.