This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wobbuffet returns to Team Rocket in the anime!

#11SlimeStackPosted 9/20/2013 10:24:43 AM
RotomGuy3 posted...
I just read that Cassidy and Butch are travelling with them this time under Giovanni's orders.

Is this true?

Source? Literally heard nothing about it and I'm stalking Serebii and Bulbapedia constantly.
---
Blah.
#12NanaboboPosted 9/20/2013 10:25:03 AM
I think they just brought it back because, as annoying as some people thought its running gag was getting, there were more people upset that one of the closest members of Team Rocket was just tossed out one episode for no good reason. "Oh, people will be suspicious if you have a Wobbuffet in Unova! But Meowth can go because people will complain even more if he's gone."

That said, I did consider the idea of a Mega Wobbuffet, but I don't see it happening. Wobbuffet's kind of a gimmicky Pokemon. A more useful gimmick than giving presents or painting pictures maybe, but the counter-only gameplay is definitely way more gimmick than would provide for an upgrade, IMO.
---
ACNL Dream Address 4100-2150-3577
#13eyezlikethesunPosted 9/20/2013 10:35:30 AM
sauce?
#14Meta289Posted 9/20/2013 10:37:17 AM
eyezlikethesun posted...
sauce?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_m8RQMd9mZXo/SrfE31xs31I/AAAAAAAAFfs/GGzXVuBBYdE/s320/ragu+sweet+tomato+basil.jpg
---
R.I.P. Pokemon Cycle
Fact: Things are so much better when taken at face value.
#15Rook_the_RangerPosted 9/20/2013 10:43:03 AM
Screw Wobuffet, I want Arbok and Weezing to return.
#16NanaboboPosted 9/20/2013 10:46:00 AM
Rook_the_Ranger posted...

Noooo. They got closure. Arbok and Weezing were left to take care of wild Poison-types. They got a nice ending where they were the strongest ones and won't have to deal with being blasted off again every episode.

Now if they wanted to bring back Chimecho I'd be all for that. "yeah sorry chimey I love you and all but you're sick and this Mime Jr. is way cuter anyway see ya again someday byyyyye"
---
#17Genius_SagePosted 9/20/2013 10:54:49 AM
Nanabobo posted...
I think they just brought it back because, as annoying as some people thought its running gag was getting, there were more people upset that one of the closest members of Team Rocket was just tossed out one episode for no good reason. "Oh, people will be suspicious if you have a Wobbuffet in Unova! But Meowth can go because people will complain even more if he's gone."

That said, I did consider the idea of a Mega Wobbuffet, but I don't see it happening. Wobbuffet's kind of a gimmicky Pokemon. A more useful gimmick than giving presents or painting pictures maybe, but the counter-only gameplay is definitely way more gimmick than would provide for an upgrade, IMO.

Still waiting on my magic coat wobba
---
FC - 4639-8953-6150
#18Missingno_MastrPosted 9/20/2013 11:27:32 AM
Nanabobo posted...
Rook_the_Ranger posted...

Noooo. They got closure. Arbok and Weezing were left to take care of wild Poison-types. They got a nice ending where they were the strongest ones and won't have to deal with being blasted off again every episode.

Now if they wanted to bring back Chimecho I'd be all for that. "yeah sorry chimey I love you and all but you're sick and this Mime Jr. is way cuter anyway see ya again someday byyyyye"

If you ask me, if anything got screwed over on its farewell episode, it's Victreebel. I just got the feeling the writers were just throwing Victreebel's trade into the Elekid episode to fill the half hour, like they didn't care how they did it so long as they got rid of it. Victreebel deserved better that to have Jessie and Meowth force him to trade it for a Weepinbell, only for the Weepinbell to evolve and get an even more unceremonious farewell in the same episode.

Gad we're seeing Wobbuffet again, though!
---
http://warflame.wikia.com/wiki/Missingno._Master http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9247960/1/404-Error
http://imageshack.us/a/img189/1407/jh6l.gif
#19NanaboboPosted 9/20/2013 11:29:56 AM
Missingno_Mastr posted...

If you ask me, if anything got screwed over on its farewell episode, it's Victreebel. I just got the feeling the writers were just throwing Victreebel's trade into the Elekid episode to fill the half hour, like they didn't care how they did it so long as they got rid of it. Victreebel deserved better that to have Jessie and Meowth force him to trade it for a Weepinbell, only for the Weepinbell to evolve and get an even more unceremonious farewell in the same episode.

Man, got to agree with you on that one. I mean at least it got a mate out of the deal, but it sure was kind of out-of-character for James to just kinda... Let one of his Pokemon run away without trying to stop it.
---
#20SlimeStackPosted 9/20/2013 11:30:01 AM
Missingno_Mastr posted...

Gad we're seeing Wobbuffet again, though!

What about Lickitung's sudden exchange with Wobbuffet?

Actually the worst is probably Seviper, Yanmega, Carnivine and Mime Jr. They didn't get a goodbye - they were simply not in the next episode.
---
Blah.