This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Could Pokemon X & Y beat the GTAV sales?

#41JMartinhoPosted 9/20/2013 12:12:59 PM
Some people here are mixing sold units with dollar profit. GTA V made 800$ million in Day 1, 1$ billion in 3 days. Not 1 billion units sold, that's ridiculous.
---
PSN: SpardaPT / 360 Gamertag: xAkamanah
#42oshkoshbjoshPosted 9/20/2013 12:13:25 PM
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Is that a question like a joke reference to undead shades (Ala: Elder Scrolls/etc.)

Or are you being literal? In which case, just multiple shades. GTA pretty much either way makes it out to show that nothing is as black and white as we may believe it to be.

He's referencing 50 Shades of Gray.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0046-6707-6929
#43Mewtwo_soulPosted 9/20/2013 12:13:59 PM
oshkoshbjosh posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Is that a question like a joke reference to undead shades (Ala: Elder Scrolls/etc.)

Or are you being literal? In which case, just multiple shades. GTA pretty much either way makes it out to show that nothing is as black and white as we may believe it to be.

He's referencing 50 Shades of Gray.

Ah, ok, that makes sense.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#44RingsOfUranusPosted 9/20/2013 12:27:08 PM
Off topic, Mewtwo_soul, haven't I seen you on the XBOX One board?
---
Official Gengar of the Pokemon X board
#45Mewtwo_soulPosted 9/20/2013 12:29:26 PM
RingsOfUranus posted...
Off topic, Mewtwo_soul, haven't I seen you on the XBOX One board?

I'm on many boards. Across 3DS: Wii U, PS3/PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Vita, etc.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#46gladwyn101Posted 9/20/2013 12:32:01 PM
fissionprimer posted...

Good guy? Does that even exist in real life?
You are not really playing as a bad guy, and please tell me how many games you are playing as a bad guy and not the hero?

Pretty much zero, though I have a lot of games that give you moral choice (inFamous, Neverwinter Nights 2, Bioshock, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Red Dead Redemption, etc.) Most of the time, I opt for pure good, sometimes neutrality, almost never evil (like once in a thousand playthroughs, if ever).

In response to shades of gray, storyline purposes might have that (I don't really know because I've never really played GTA), but when it comes to immorality, I was referring to common actions in the game, because I'm pretty sure car-jacking, mass murder, and physical assault are not in the gray area.

How is the story philosophical? Is it kinda of like Bioshock with competing ideologies (freedom v. loyalty, scientific advancement v. morality), or is it more situational ethics (i.e. stealing bread to feed your family)? Could you list some examples; I'm genuinely curious.
---
4e is not D&D, but WoW making a Disguise check.
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 0605-2800-9952; Trainer Name: Solace; First Pokemon (roleplaying): Snivy (Monty)
#47Puma_ItaliaPosted 9/20/2013 12:35:09 PM
It won't beat GTA5 in sales.
---
Pokemon White 2- 0347-7093-6129
#48Mewtwo_soulPosted 9/20/2013 12:35:39 PM
gladwyn101 posted...
fissionprimer posted...

You are not really playing as a bad guy, and please tell me how many games you are playing as a bad guy and not the hero?

Pretty much zero, though I have a lot of games that give you moral choice (inFamous, Neverwinter Nights 2, Bioshock, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Red Dead Redemption, etc.) Most of the time, I opt for pure good, sometimes neutrality, almost never evil (like once in a thousand playthroughs, if ever).

In response to shades of gray, storyline purposes might have that (I don't really know because I've never really played GTA), but when it comes to immorality, I was referring to common actions in the game, because I'm pretty sure car-jacking, mass murder, and physical assault are not in the gray area.

How is the story philosophical? Is it kinda of like Bioshock with competing ideologies (freedom v. loyalty, scientific advancement v. morality), or is it more situational ethics (i.e. stealing bread to feed your family)? Could you list some examples; I'm genuinely curious.

Common actions are only the small scale visual. Also when I brought up philosophy I was also talking about casual things in the game. Movies, (which they have, the network talk shows they created) and more discuss politics and make exaggerations, and or hilarious pokes at how people think, opting to normally take one side, but show how everything has flaws.

On that note in game: In San Andreas the only reason CJ (the main character) gets involved with gang related activities again is because not only was his mother killed (and his family/neighborhood threatened) but he also goes back in to create a better future for Grovestreet.

Sure illegalities are brought up, such as murder, and the like, but it is generally not done just for the whimsy of it. (Or without consequence, as you find out throughout the games story.)

And that's just one example.
---
#49Arne83Posted 9/20/2013 12:39:00 PM
No... it's pretty damn unlikely that it will.

Still gonna get some pretty big number, though. This is Pokemon after all.
---
More of a Pokemon fan than TherianReturns will ever be.
Snowflame is greatest comic villain ever made. Shame on DC for letting him fade into obscurity.
#50RingsOfUranusPosted 9/20/2013 12:39:08 PM
gladwyn101 posted...
fissionprimer posted...

I think he's referencing the political satire the game addresses. I wouldn't say 'philosophical,' but it observes the same type of comedy you'd find in South Park. It addresses real issues, and downplays them on all sides, poking fun at how absurd society is. For example, in GTA V, a major company is "LifeInvader" which is the Facebook/Google mix of GTA Land. The LifeInvader advertisements often promote that they are sending vehicles to map out all streets and insides of houses personal properties. Liberals argue 'everything should be easily accessed and online' where as the game has EQUALLY insane oppositions to the subject. That's a minor example, but GTA brings up a lot of common 'issues' the real world faces, and gives you both sides of the crazies advocating each, and at the same, makes you wonder why we even care about these things.
---
Official Gengar of the Pokemon X board