This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Did anyone ever play pretend Pokemon when they were younger?

#11DLOArceusPosted 9/22/2013 4:05:25 PM
niklnip posted...
Me and some friends in elementary school used to pretend we were both Pokemon and trainer, or take on roles like that.

AKA Friend A: "Go Pikachu!"
Friend B: *Runs in front of them* "Pika!"

I stopped doing it when my friend's "Pokémon" were apparently invincible.
---
What do i have to do to set the language to English? because my game is in Japanese - joetendo69
3DS: 4983-5126-3707
#12Hughs_RagePosted 9/22/2013 4:06:45 PM
We actually had Meowth cat fights in elementary school...

Until it got banned because people got hurt xD
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdtqd6EJTY1qlpahho1_500.jpg My husbando <3
QWILFISH for Smash 4! Also waiting on Qwilfish's Megalution, QWILSHARK!
#13jfx_zeroPosted 9/22/2013 4:07:45 PM
NessEggman posted...
niklnip posted...
Me and some friends in elementary school used to pretend we were both Pokemon and trainer, or take on roles like that.

My brother and I did this but we would pretend to be both the trainer and our Pokemon ourself...

So we'd like... stand up, yell command, quickly go back to Pokemon crawling or whatever XZD, then keep doing that XZD Even though I was teenager (he is younger though) it was fun.

THIS. The feels. ;_;
---
Check out my music page at: chrisbyerly.bandcamp.com or soundcloud.com/chris-byerly
#14xxgamer91xxPosted 9/22/2013 4:09:00 PM
Yes my friends and I use to do this in elementary school.
#15MechaKirbyPosted 9/22/2013 4:10:17 PM
niklnip posted...

This
---
GTag/PSN: MechaknightX [][] Tales of Vesperia Translation progress: Dahngrest (1st visit)
#16RDS1Posted 9/22/2013 4:10:26 PM
No, I only ever pretended I was the Pokemon, not the trainer.
---
Official Bride and Wife of Noire
(of the Fire Emblem Awakening message board)
#17JoJoX200Posted 9/22/2013 4:11:15 PM
xD Man, that brings back memories. We(me, my brother and some friends) once held a 'tournament' of sorts. Everyone chose 3 pokemon to use, then 'battled' each other, pretending to be the pokemon ourselves. Was pretty fun, especially since we had some rules about who'd win in what cases.
---
http://jojodee.deviantart.com/ -- Fakemons and other stuff
#18PsychoWolfXPosted 9/22/2013 4:11:46 PM
I was 11-12 when Pokemon came out, so I was a little old for playing pretend. I spent my time drawing and writing about Pokemon.
I did still manage to get a little pretending squeezed in though. I remember throwing plastic Pokeballs at my neighbors chickens, Digging holes everywhere looking for evolution stones and such.

I distinctly remember being at the community pool one day with some friends and saying "this is my impersonation of charmander" at which point I jumped in the pool and floated to the surface facedown.
#19SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 9/22/2013 4:14:44 PM
I played pretend dbz.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#20thebladeofwoePosted 9/22/2013 4:29:38 PM
SuprSaiyanRockr posted...
I played pretend dbz.

This too along with making our own MGS fights up (with the awesome over the top conversations MGS had) hell, we had the entire script of MGs2 and acted it out over a few days.
---
A10 ('@2.3) HD 7600G & HD 7670M 8gb ram W8.