This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Sky Battle Meta Game!!!

#61JarickoPosted 9/20/2013 7:06:26 PM
All-ice posted...
Jaricko posted...
InhaledCorn posted...
Unless Metagross gets Shift Gear (which it should totally have in my opinion), I think it'll go more of a tank route this gen with Bullet Punch to finish things off.

God i hope not. Hes just bulky enough that this would would basically make him as difficult to handle as volcarona.

Also i would rather that move only went to more machine like pokemon. The only steel type i think could understandably have it added atm is Magnezone. And even then not too certain it should.

LOL what?

Magnezone is a Special Attack Based Pokemon.

Bullet Punch would not do him any good as it is an Attack Dependent move

I was meaning logically speaking, its the most machine based pokemon in the game next to the gear line. Also bullet punch is awesome. The only thing metagross has to worry about that it did not before is sucker punch.
---
Jaricko - Official Venustoise of the omniverse / bacon in the fridge for all those who cry out in hunger of the Gamefaq's 3ds boards.
#62All-ice(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2013 7:09:56 PM
I still don't get why we're still talking about Metagross in Sky Battles -_-
---
Brea Bennett, the only female I'd go lesbian for :)
http://allice.imgur.com *Last updated on 08/25/13*
#63EstheimasterPosted 9/20/2013 10:37:58 PM
All-ice posted...

lol

What about Noctowl? It's massive Hypnosising everywhere will make it OU.

#trollpost
---
The Official Bulbasaur of Pokemon X's board
Bowser Jr, T Zelda, Ridley, Palutena, Pittoo, Isaac, Shulk, Mewtwo, Robin, Balloon Fight, Crono, Mii, Megaman, Neku
#64All-ice(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2013 11:04:20 PM
Estheimaster posted...
All-ice posted...

lol

What about Noctowl? It's massive Hypnosising everywhere will make it OU.

#trollpost

60% isn't that trolling

Try Jumpluff in the Sun :)

75% Sleep Powder with Sub/Seed trolling :D

Now that's better^

^ Isn't that the Wendy's catch phrase? XD
---
#65Sloth9230Posted 9/20/2013 11:14:11 PM
Metleon posted...
I wonder if they'll make it so certain moves can't be used in Sky Battles. It would be really weird for Gravity or Roost to work and they could even extend it to things like SR.

Gravity and Roost are instant 1-HKOs.
#66LegendofDarkraiPosted 9/20/2013 11:33:36 PM
Cedlow posted...
Tatakai-No-Kami posted...
-talking about an ingame type of battle as if it will be competitive

-http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt95/ItalianAngel92/gifs/hahaha.gif

Why would sky battles just be ingame? None of the other battling styles have been ingame only. It won't be as big as singles but I'm positive there will be a option to sky battle outside of ingame just saiyan.

Though I doubt horde battles will be a part of competitive
---
Specter of shadows, ruler of the darkened moon, uncontrollable ~ Darkrai
#67DragrathPosted 9/21/2013 12:03:43 AM
with flying Pokemon like Areodactyl having stealth rock, I presume a key element will be rock resist benefiting Pokemon who have a rock resistant typing as well as rapid spin(though ground stab in particular would be absolutely useless)

Of particular note ground resists rock and is immune to electric though this is(currently) limited to Claydol and Flygon, it could provide great utility especially as Claydol has rapid spin

Sigilyph is also of note as it has an immunity to stealth rock thanks to its ability.

ice could become the primary offensive type as all flying types will be at least neutral as only Bronzong,Cryoganal,and Rotoms heat/wash formes resist ice(of which there is no double resistance)

thus I can't see this being a really good metagame w/out additional changes but it could be interesting...

I'll laugh if its in game only
#68All-ice(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2013 6:53:11 AM
Dragrath posted...
with flying Pokemon like Areodactyl having stealth rock, I presume a key element will be rock resist benefiting Pokemon who have a rock resistant typing as well as rapid spin(though ground stab in particular would be absolutely useless)

Of particular note ground resists rock and is immune to electric though this is(currently) limited to Claydol and Flygon, it could provide great utility especially as Claydol has rapid spin

Sigilyph is also of note as it has an immunity to stealth rock thanks to its ability.

ice could become the primary offensive type as all flying types will be at least neutral as only Bronzong,Cryoganal,and Rotoms heat/wash formes resist ice(of which there is no double resistance)

thus I can't see this being a really good metagame w/out additional changes but it could be interesting...

I'll laugh if its in game only

I'm pretty sure Pokemon Showdown will make it a playable tier :)

Zarael(Sorry, if I misspelled his name) is a awesome :)
---
#69NionelPosted 9/21/2013 7:09:20 AM
SMASHKING84 posted...
their won't be teir for anything other then vanilla single battles this a major reason i hate smogon and p.o all they care about is one type of battle.

Actually, while I am also not the biggest Smogon fan, they did announce a few days ago that they'll also have doubles tiers in 6th gen, which is already in earlier planning and testing stages on the site.
---
Black 2 FC: 5244 3977 2266