This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I hope that they get rid of the whole "You can't transfer with an HM Move" BS.

#1Meta289Posted 9/20/2013 2:12:35 PM
Having to go and delete any HM moves on the Pokemon that I want to transfer just adds an extra step to an already not fun process.
---
R.I.P. Pokemon Cycle
Fact: Things are so much better when taken at face value.
#2The_DragonwPosted 9/20/2013 2:15:38 PM
Considering Surf is in all generations... It is stupid.
---
White Friend Code: 1764 2206 9014
The official Shadow Lugia of the Pokemon X/Y boards
#3RotomGuy3Posted 9/20/2013 2:16:38 PM
It's so you can't Surf/Fly before they intend for you to be able to. Otherwise you could skip areas entirely.
#4SlimeStackPosted 9/20/2013 2:16:48 PM
What if you saved the game while surfing and transferred that Pokémon up?

There probably aren't many situations like that, but I can see why they would force you to remove surf first.
---
Blah.
#5raikou68Posted 9/20/2013 2:17:49 PM
RotomGuy3 posted...
It's so you can't Surf/Fly before they intend for you to be able to. Otherwise you could skip areas entirely.

What? Unless you have the badges necessary you can't surf/fly earlier than you're supposed to anyway.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXnKrtJDBUI
Bill cosby pokemon
#6thealmightydibPosted 9/20/2013 2:18:10 PM
or delete them during the transfer
---
NNID - Capt.Awes0me
3DS FC - 2363 5791 6085
#7Meta289(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2013 2:19:43 PM(edited)
RotomGuy3 posted...

1. You can only Fly to places you've been to already, so that's not an issue.
2. You can get a Surf user in B/W long before you're supposed to. Have someone trade you an egg that has a Pokemon with Surf in it.

SlimeStack posted...
What if you saved the game while surfing and transferred that Pokémon up?

There probably aren't many situations like that, but I can see why they would force you to remove surf first.

I'm pretty sure that you're not allowed to transfer Pokemon who are actively in your party.
---
R.I.P. Pokemon Cycle
Fact: Things are so much better when taken at face value.
#8RsonickPosted 9/20/2013 2:19:04 PM
RotomGuy3 posted...

Couldn't they just go back to you needing a certain gym badge to use an HM outside of battle? What was wrong with that system?
---
3DS FC: 2380-3239-1047
#9jayman7Posted 9/20/2013 2:20:23 PM
RotomGuy3 posted...

Riiiiiiight, preventing people from transferring which in previous gens was always postgame-only HM Pokemon prevents people from Surfing and Flying before they could. You know, because those moves are only usable in the later parts of the postgame!

It's more likely an attempt at making sure the transferred-from player doesn't get stranded, though given you're transferring out of the PC, it does strike me as hideously unlikely that it would be an issue.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#10gamester_12345Posted 9/20/2013 2:29:14 PM
Well to be fair, it might be there to prevent people from being locked out with no way of getting out of island locations....does the game normally stop you from trading your last surf/flying pokemon?
---
RSN: Plucky9, Total: 2444. KoL: Plucky, currently a Pastamancer
ACNL/3DS FC: 4897-5920-6758 Ricky of Farm