This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

In what order would you list the design of the pokes in each gen?

#1ChairstoodPosted 9/21/2013 1:42:04 AM
Gen 1
Gen 2
Gen 6
Gen 4
Gen 3
Gen 5

I like the designs of gen 1 pokes the most because most of them actually look like animals we know of.
Gen 5 is just all around horrible imo, at least Game Freak is redeeming themselves with gen 6.
---
Digimon World Re Digitize Decode and Dynasty Warriors 8. Check them out.
PSN name: Lawfreeze
#2MidnightCrewPosted 9/21/2013 1:43:10 AM
Gen 5
Gen 2
Gen 4
Gen 3
Gen 1
Gen 6
---
Official Scrafty Of The Black And White Clan. Official Lorelei of the BW 2 Boards. Official Beheeyem of the X/Y Boards.
#3SammuthegreatPosted 9/21/2013 2:28:53 AM
Gen1 - good for the most part. A few uninspired designs and a few I plain don't like.
Gen2 - good again for the most part, but probably more that I don't like than Gen1.
Gen3 - awesome for the most part. A few bad ones but mostly good.
Gen4 - ok for the most part, but quite a few I don't like, and a real lack of ones I really love.
Gen5 - mediocre. Plenty that I love, but also a whole lot that I can't. Totally different feel to the other Gens.
Gen6 - so far, so good. Only two or three that I don't particularly like, and the rest I pretty much love.

Gen6 (so far) > Gen3 > Gen1 > Gen2 > Gen4 > Gen5.
#4SocranPosted 9/21/2013 2:37:44 AM
Gen 2 (aside from the horrible starters) > Gen 1 = Gen 5 > Gen 4 > Gen 3 (which is the only one I'd call "bad")

Gen 6 is looking pretty good, but I'm not going to rank it yet.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#5Infernus93Posted 9/21/2013 2:59:17 AM
Gen 1
Gen 6
Gen 2
Gen 4
Gen 3
Gen 5

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you, TC, just with 6 and 2 flipped, and apparently for different reasons.

Gen 6 could either drop or rise, depending on what else shows up. I'm not including my opinion on megas, though I think they'd kind of be a wash for me anyway. For each one I don't like, there's one I like a lot.

Gen 2 and Gen 3 are kind of similar to me in that they have a lot of designs I'm indifferent to mixed in with the ones I like and the ones I don't.

Gen 4 and Gen 5 have the opposite issue, where they seem split almost in half between designs I really like, and designs I dislike, with very little that I'm indifferent to.

I like almost every Gen 1 design. Clefable is the most notable exception.
---
Bow down to a true Pokemon-Amiiie!
#6The_Sol_BladerPosted 9/21/2013 3:01:22 AM
Gen 5
Gen 6
Gen 3
Gen 4
Gen 2
Gen 1
---
R - Official Matador of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board - Rose_Mage's loving husband
#7RotomGuy3Posted 9/21/2013 3:09:35 AM
Gen 6 - Every single design is a gem so far. The only one I really dislike is Pyroar Female.
Gen 3 - A lot of good designs, very few which I dislike.
Gen 5 - Also a lot of good designs. Less than Gen 3, but still plenty of great ones.
Gen 4 - Rotom.
Gen 1 - This Gen is good, but loses so many points because of Jynx
Gen 2 - Nope. A few designs stand out, but there are just too many I'm indifferent too.
#8chubawakePosted 9/21/2013 3:12:14 AM
III > V > II > IV > I

Something like that. Rationale:

Personally, I feel that Gen III and V struck the perfect balance between simplicity (I and II) and complexity (parts of IV). The reason I rank III above V is because I vastly prefer the starters and legendaries of the former.

Between Gen I and II, I just happen to prefer the designs of the latter (especially legendaries, though I don't care for the starters).

Gen IV has my least favourite individual designs (i.e. Rhyperior/Dialga/Arceus), though I like the rest of the dex enough to put it above Gen I.

It's all fairly close regardless; I can't really understand disliking an entire generation of designs.
---
But hey, that's just me.