This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'll tell you why I don't Froakie Water/Dark

#21SpacePirateKhanPosted 9/21/2013 11:16:05 AM
EJW posted...
Gensokyo posted...
ZeroRidley posted...
SpacePirateKhan posted...
but it's likely he's a pervert.

You're talking about a species of pokemon, for crying out loud.

There are human perverts. With that in mind, follow this link:

http://legendsoflocalization.com/did-you-know-people-used-to-marry-pokemon-all-the-time/

Why would the same not apply to Pokémon?

"Species" meaning every single Umbreon is a pervert, according to Khan.

It's true. They're genetically wired to be perverts.
---
"The best things in life must be taken... by force!"
~Khan from Rosetown, 4184-1827-7503
#22MrprowleyPosted 9/21/2013 3:24:49 PM
umbreon to eevee "baby you and me are nothing but poke'mammals so lets do it like they do it on the poke discovery channel!"
#23Hierarchy225Posted 9/21/2013 3:26:33 PM
Frogadiers japanese name references the Yakuza.

Like it or not Froakies gonna be a scumbag.
---
Official Stealth Rock of the Pokemon X Board // i.imgur.com/eo0eyoc.jpg
3DS Friend Code 1993-7813-6870
#24Sloth9230Posted 9/21/2013 3:30:47 PM
Hierarchy225 posted...

It means "head", it could very well be the head ninja. Probably still a scumbag though.
#25MrprowleyPosted 9/21/2013 3:49:29 PM
frogadier kinda looks like the main character of Ninja gaiden with the scarf and the way he poses so yeah I see a ninja/rogue character Water and dark would be sweet but for the whole counter paper scissors he would get fighting and chespin would get dark unless fennekin is going be part fairy
#26GeneralKenobi85Posted 9/21/2013 3:51:34 PM(edited)
Who cares? Charmeleon and Charizard were bastards in the anime. Why can't it be in game?
---
Ah, yes, the Negotiator: General Kenobi
<sneaky beeping>
#27FuneralCakePosted 9/21/2013 3:56:05 PM
Sloth9230 posted...
Hierarchy225 posted...

It means "head", it could very well be the head ninja. Probably still a scumbag though.

Right, it doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the Yakuza. Just because Bulbapedia said it, that doesn't mean it's 100% correct. Going from its names in other languages, it just means that it's pretty much at the top in terms of rankings.

But anyway, I don't see what makes it seem like a scumbag.

reaverz posted...
Dark type fits within the theme of a ninja- sneaky, stays in shadows, active at night. I do believe that the leaker was right the first time. And I will be glad if so, because Grass/Dark is a bad typing but Water/Fighting can handle itself.

I can see how the Dark typing would fit with ninjas, but it might not even go in that direction.

And for the billionth time, the leaker never made a mistake. He said it was going to be Water/Fighting all along. It was Pokebeach who screwed things up by mixing up the secondary typings for Chespin and Froakie, not the leaker.
---
YOU WANT SOME FUNERAL TO GO WITH THAT CAKE?
http://i.minus.com/ibeTNBZS1C6k9v.gif
#28MrprowleyPosted 9/21/2013 3:58:15 PM
GeneralKenobi85 posted...
Who cares? Charmeleon and Charizard were bastards in the anime. Why can't it be in game?

I beleive this was the anime way of portraying that ash was not the original owner of charmander and he didnt have badges to control charmeleon when it got stronger.
#29GeneralKenobi85Posted 9/21/2013 4:00:04 PM
Mrprowley posted...
GeneralKenobi85 posted...

I beleive this was the anime way of portraying that ash was not the original owner of charmander and he didnt have badges to control charmeleon when it got stronger.

I don't think it was the badges, and Charmander loved him. It was just implemented because Charizard was Ash's most powerful Pokemon, and they need to balance things out by making him not entirely obedient.
---
Ah, yes, the Negotiator: General Kenobi
<sneaky beeping>
#30Emerald_MeliosPosted 9/23/2013 8:06:25 PM
Water/Dark prevents overlap with Blaziken and Venusaur.