This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

No such thing as a flying type?

#31l33t_iRk3n_Rm33Posted 9/21/2013 4:30:49 PM
Mephsuit posted...
Should be "wind" type and not flying

Then it wouldn't make sense to be weak to rock or electric. Flying Pokemon are implied to constantly be in the air despite standing on the ground in their animations. Also, a lot of Flying type moves don't use the wind directly; they just dive in on you. I suppose resisting Fighting would make sense, but not being super effective against it.
---
Hey Internet! Sonic!
http://i.imgur.com/QiEb7.jpg
#32Sloth9230Posted 9/21/2013 4:40:55 PM
kaiser ryu posted...

What? What exactly do you think a plume of lava is? It sure as hell isn't oxygen catalyzed burning gasses. I meant specifically for Pokemon fire type doesn't preclude things not implicitly made of fire. Just like dark type is dirty fighting but has exceptions.

1. Not all fires are plasma. There needs to be a certain amount of ionization for it to be considered that.
2. What we as fire is not always "burning gasses", sometimes it's super heated smoke. Smoke is a sold.
3. Lavaplume is called smoke burst in japan, nothing to do with lava.
4. All of these share extreme heat, dark does not have something that all of it's moves share, only most of them.
#33Sloth9230Posted 9/21/2013 4:44:14 PM
Of course, dark isn't the only type like that, flying type is also pretty ambiguous as others have already pointed out.
#34kaiser ryuPosted 9/21/2013 6:21:49 PM
Sloth9230 posted...
kaiser ryu posted...

What? What exactly do you think a plume of lava is? It sure as hell isn't oxygen catalyzed burning gasses. I meant specifically for Pokemon fire type doesn't preclude things not implicitly made of fire. Just like dark type is dirty fighting but has exceptions.

1. Not all fires are plasma. There needs to be a certain amount of ionization for it to be considered that.
2. What we as fire is not always "burning gasses", sometimes it's super heated smoke. Smoke is a sold.
3. Lavaplume is called smoke burst in japan, nothing to do with lava.
4. All of these share extreme heat, dark does not have something that all of it's moves share, only most of them.

Fire is specifically anything burning that resulted from a reaction catalyzed by oxygen. It was my mistake to specifically mention anything beyond that. It was inevitable you'd get hung up on semantics.

Smoke is intrinsic to fire and lava isn't so yay Japan. Awesome show, great job!

So I change my vote to... SUNNY DAY! The sun sure as hell ain't fire. BAM.

All dark moves are low down and dirty tricks, whether they be biting at weak points for massive damage or calling upon dark forces to harm your enemies.
---
The Tales of series needs more love in America.
Won't change sig until Namco gets wise. Started: 9/8/06
#35sasuke3141Posted 9/22/2013 3:11:29 AM
Patriarch105 posted...
TorchicBlaziken posted...
thefinaloracle posted...
Patriarch105 posted...

What's with Flying and why is it not good enough to be anyone's primary?

Noivern

Yeah, Game Freak seems to be defying a lot of typing norms this gen just because they can. Like making Helioptile and Pyroar secondary Normal.

With 649 pokemon already I'm suprised they don't experiment more. For example why do all starters need to be Water/Fire/Grass with usually poison and fighting as a secondary.

How about Poison, Ice, and Ground? Or any other combo.

"Usually poison as secondary"? Uhh, bulbasaur line is the only starter with poison as a secondary type.
---
They are the prey and we are the hunters.
#36The_DragonwPosted 9/22/2013 3:15:09 AM
It's funny how people believe most of the Grass starters become Poison. Venusaur is the only one, the rest have been pure except Torterra. I don't think Chespin will stay pure either.

That said, it is strange that there are no non legendary pure flying types. Is dual typing with Normal necessary? It nullifies the Fighting resistance and doesn't offer much.
---
White Friend Code: 1764 2206 9014
The official Shadow Lugia of the Pokemon X/Y boards