This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

X and y guide book question

#1Master-JLBPosted 9/21/2013 11:29:16 AM
Ok I don't usually buy the official guide book but I'm not sure whether to order it or not. Not for help getting through the game but to see what the final evolutions for starters are and where different pokemon are in the game and how evolutions like sylveon are obtained. No one is going to no this information when the games come out and usually it is released in japan first so we have all the information by the time it's out in English.
What do you guys think?
#2nblasteroinPosted 9/21/2013 11:32:49 AM
Why don't you just play the game and not worry about it? This is the first game where you don't know everything and now you want to ruin it for yourself?
---
3DS FC : 1891 - 2262 - 3841
Official Blaziken/Mega Blaziken of the Pokemon X Board
#3smallface_grayPosted 9/21/2013 11:35:41 AM
I'm buying the guide book as a souvenir basically. For sure reason I'd prefer to avoid the internet while playing and only consult the guidebook when needed.
#4Master-JLB(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2013 11:36:10 AM
That is true, I just don't wanna pick a starter and then like another one better if you know what I mean, it's mainly the starters that bother me
#5gladwyn101Posted 9/21/2013 11:36:43 AM
I'm actually considering getting it solely for the starter evolutions if they aren't released before the game is.
---
4e is not D&D, but WoW making a Disguise check.
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 0605-2800-9952; Trainer Name: Solace; First Pokemon (roleplaying): Snivy (Monty)
#6Master-JLB(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2013 11:37:37 AM
Exactly it is the one thing we all want to know
#7MirMirosPosted 9/21/2013 11:39:08 AM
It is impossible to "ruin" the game for yourself by reading a guide.

I plan on getting the guide personally. The only time I ever play a game "blind" is if it is a game with muliple endings and a new game+ option. This game isn't that so I will use any and every resource at my disposal while I play.
#8Sticky_DerpPosted 9/21/2013 11:39:31 AM
Master-JLB posted...

speak for yourself bub

i'd be glad to find them out whilst playing
and i doubt i'm the only one
---
Fox news get's a pass because they have to go against reality's liberal bias. - SilentS89
#9Phenom13Posted 9/21/2013 11:45:56 AM
I am thinking about buying the guide myself. I bought the original guide for the original red and blue games. It was very helpful. This however was before the Internet revolution. I am having some trouble justifying the purchase of a hard copy guide when websites like GameFaqs will have user generated guides for free. Along with dedicated fansites and the messageboards here on GameFaqs I will probably be able to acquire all the the guidance I will need.
#10ZeroRidleyPosted 9/21/2013 11:47:40 AM
Sticky_Derp posted...
Master-JLB posted...

speak for yourself bub

i'd be glad to find them out whilst playing
and i doubt i'm the only one

you're not. i, for one, am with you completely.
---
http://i.imgur.com/3PNApA2.png