This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Aren't people a little tired of Pokemon?

#1lntegerPosted 9/21/2013 7:03:18 PM
I remember when I was five years old I needed to train for five minutes to beat the gym leaders.

Now I just avoid every battle I possibly can and I'm still be able to OHKO half the Pokemon I face.

Ok, fine. Maybe the gameplay is a little easy. But the story makes up for that!

I mean, there's a villain. And there's a good guy. And the good guy defeats the villain in the end. And then we learn the villain wasn't completely bad after all. There is no pure evil. What a wonderful, happy world we live in!

Rinse and repeat for 60 Pokemon games.

But then again, maybe I'm being too harsh. There are some pretty amazing improvements with each new game.

I mean, the names of the Pokemon are always different!
---
Take a good look at the guy in the mirror
#2GoreGrossPosted 9/21/2013 7:05:04 PM(edited)
I hope the people on this website are sensible enough to realize this is a bait topic. But maybe I've been here for too long.

---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.12
#3FuneralCakePosted 9/21/2013 7:04:39 PM
Because it's not like there's anything more to the games when you defeat the Elite 4. You can only battle in-game trainers, and there aren't any in-game facilities you can use to test your teams or anything like that.

I completely agree with you!
---
YOU WANT SOME FUNERAL TO GO WITH THAT CAKE?
http://i.minus.com/ibeTNBZS1C6k9v.gif
#4The_Sol_BladerPosted 9/21/2013 7:04:45 PM
I mean, there's a villain. And there's a good guy. And the good guy defeats the villain in the end. And then we learn the villain wasn't completely bad after all. There is no pure evil. What a wonderful, happy world we live in!

Someone didn't played gen 5
---
R - Official Matador of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board - Rose_Mage's loving husband
#5CakeOfLiesPosted 9/21/2013 7:05:58 PM
FuneralCake posted...
Because it's not like there's anything more to the games when you defeat the Elite 4. You can only battle in-game trainers, and there aren't any in-game facilities you can use to test your teams or anything like that.

I completely agree with you!

There isn't even a multiplayer where you can fight other people's Pokemon either!
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3139-7420-3142 - THIEF
#6AzaneAzerPosted 9/21/2013 7:06:19 PM
a lot of younger kids are getting into the games that keeps it fresh.

I skip a gen here or there because I'm an old fart now.
#7yoshirulezzzPosted 9/21/2013 7:06:32 PM
Aren't people tired of breathing I mean like we do it every second
#8XaltheronPosted 9/21/2013 7:07:20 PM
The closer we get to release, the more topics like this appear, and it's only going to get worse from here...
#9GroadergreenPosted 9/21/2013 7:07:52 PM
No replay value or post game. It would be nice if I could try out different pokemon with different movesets against other players or maybe just try to collect all of them. Just fight a few gyms and the Elite 4 and game over. What a ripoff!
---
The Official Demonee-Ho of the SMT IV Board
#10Rad_DudesmanPosted 9/21/2013 7:10:37 PM
They see me trollin'

They hatin'
---
The official rad dude of the Pokemon X board.
Blaze the Cat is cool. People who agree: 5