This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Team Nova RP Episode 4: Hail to the King!

#1GX1997Posted 9/21/2013 7:58:25 PM
Credit to HHDeception for the topic title

Discussion,planning,and sign-up thread

http://m.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67259087

Previous Episodes

Episode 1:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67184036

Episode 2:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67209456

Episode 3:
http://m.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67245324

The premise (tl,dr version,credit to HHDeception):

10 years after BW2, an organization called Team Nova has taken over the world. With a technology called StarBurst, they can take over the minds of almost any pokemon on a whim, even through their pokeballs. Trainers are useless. Most Gym leaders and Elite Four members are dead. Soldiers rose up to replace them. Weapons and technology are almost always preferred to a team of pokemon at your side.

StarBurst takes the form of an energy weapon, whether blasters, lightsabers, or halberds. NVE against a human, but instant mind screw to a pokemon. Only Legendary pokemon, or those with a very strong life-long bond to a human can hope to resist StarBurst. The more pokemon you carry, the more thin your bond with them is spread, hence you should probably only carry one. Two max.

There are three factions of resistance:

Xerneas: Team Plasma. They refuse to use StarBurst but will fight for peace regardless.
Mewtwo: What is left of the Pokemon League. They use StarBurst as a means to an end.
Yveltal: No formal organization. Those who seek the destruction of Nova at any cost are sought out by Yveltal to be his agents. Needs more members!

Nova is horribly OP, and pretty much nobody has a chance against one of the admins (Jay, Duncan, Celena) let alone the Leader (Maurice) one on one. They have the technology to wipe an island off the face of the Earth, and then some. GM and cyborg pokemon are not out of the question, but haven't really been explored yet.

Johto is Nova HQ, Kanto and Unova are also heavily guarded. Sinnoh and Hoenn less so. Orre is not under Nova control, and Kalos has been wiped off the map. Other regions haven't really been fleshed out yet.

Legendary pokemon are immune to StarBurst, but that doesn't mean people haven't captured them. You are allowed to have one as a partner, but not Ubers, and a lot have been spoken for. Off the top of my head, the ones available are:

Legendary birds, Mew, Legendary beasts, Lati@s, Crescelia, Heatran, Shaymin, Muskedeers, Weather Genies, and Meloetta.

As for trainers like Red, use them sparingly, but use them if you want. I don't exactly know who's taken so far, but ask and we'll let you know. For sure, Red, Blue, Ethan, Silver, Lyra, Lucas, Dawn, N, Alder, Benga, Steven, Hilda, and Nate (BW2) are all either taken or dead.

Someone else please update the character lists and post them.
---
Emerald Nuzlocke:Solrenge,Kaida,Aqua,Arrow,Loyal,Nariko
Official Random Keyblade Master of the KH3 board since June 11,2013 12:06 am est
#2GX1997(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2013 8:01:35 PM
"It only takes a moment to hear what you have to ask.Then we can decide to take action or not.We'll listen,"Meridia said to the Kimono Girls,still unsure of what they might ask.
---
Official Random Keyblade Master of the KH3 board since June 11,2013 12:06 am est
#3GolurkcanflyPosted 9/21/2013 8:04:38 PM
Neal heard Maurice's words and stopped his charge.

"I see." He said, letting his rage cool, "However, there is a flaw in your plan. You control the people through fear, very little of them actually believe in what you do. As a slave will deny his master, they will rise up against you. Even if I die, many will face oppression and fight for themselves and Pokemon. No one, no thing deserves to be enslaved by another being!"

(Sorry, had this typed up with better writing that I can't remember then I couldn't post it because of jneal.)
---
Official Amnesiac Darkrai of the Pokemon X Board
#4HHDeceptionPosted 9/21/2013 8:09:08 PM(edited)
Xerneas

Neal Ferre (The current N, Admin)
Austin
Brendan Reed
Hero X

Mewtwo

Meridia Crystiana (GX1997)
John Doe
Grant Gallowglass

Yveltal

Xavier Vesta (Leader)

Team Nova

Jay Rayne (Admin)
Osric King
Samson Markins

Dead

Phineas Celeste (HHDeception)

List of NPCs.

Xerneas

Wally

Mewtwo

Benga (Admin)
Hilda
Prof. Sycamore
Yancy
Riley

Yveltal

Silver (Admin)
Eusine

Team Nova

Maurice (Leader)
Duncan (Admin)
Celena (Admin)
Dawn (Defect)

Unknown Alignment

Ethan
Looker
Hilbert

Missing

Red
Blue
Lucas
Cynthia
Lyra
Alder

Confirmed Dead

N
Nate
Steven Stone
---
Sound good?
#5DigiHerokidPosted 9/21/2013 8:06:08 PM
Looker quickly stabs Justice, and Rebel with one tranq. dart. He then stabs Free, and Red, hero's charizard. He throws the ladt tranq. to Hero. Only he himself will die, while the others are fainted.
---
B2 FC 3526-1414-2221
3DS FC 2148-8476-2728 " I am not a loner. I simply will not act like you to "fit in""-Me
#6GolurkcanflyPosted 9/21/2013 8:07:55 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7Cheesepower5Posted 9/21/2013 8:11:56 PM
Kuni smiles knowingly. "I am glad that you are open to our plea." She says. "As you were shown in our little play, our dance has the power to awaken, soothe and even occasionally command the legendary Pokemon Lugia. We believe that this is the reason Team Nova has been picking us off. Although we're much beloved celebrities, they still make attempts on our lives in secret. Of course, were we to speak up about this, Nova would have an excuse to publically damn us."

"So what do you need us to do?" Grant asks. "It's not our decision to make whether or not Mewtwo will hide you."

"We do not ask so much." Mia replies. "Kuni's sisters have all been found dead, however one of the current generation, Mara, is merely missing. We believe that Team Nova has captured her, doing Arceus only knows what and why."

Grant shivers. What is it with Team Nova and kidnapping women? Someone needs to teach them a lesson!

Kuni speaks up again. "What we ask is that you take Mia with you and let her join up with the resistance. Her knowledge of Lugia will prove useful. If it can be done, we also wish for you to help us find more about the whereabouts of our sister Mara. Do you accept these tasks?"
---
We are the champions, but me most of all!
Official Eikichi Mishina of all MegaTen boards.
#8protobakurionPosted 9/21/2013 8:13:44 PM
DigiHerokid posted...
Looker quickly stabs Justice, and Rebel with one tranq. dart. He then stabs Free, and Red, hero's charizard. He throws the ladt tranq. to Hero. Only he himself will die, while the others are fainted.

(Did you just put me to sleep? I had a post but a troll finished the topic...)
---
Official Assassin of the Elder Scrolls Roleplay!
Official Porygon Z of the Pokemon X/Y Boards.
#9DigiHerokidPosted 9/21/2013 8:17:43 PM
protobakurion posted...
DigiHerokid posted...

(Did you just put me to sleep? I had a post but a troll finished the topic...)

(No he just threw you the dart. He put his pokemon to sleep)
---
B2 FC 3526-1414-2221
3DS FC 2148-8476-2728 " I am not a loner. I simply will not act like you to "fit in""-Me
#10GX1997(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2013 8:18:45 PM
"Only if you're really up to this,"Meridia said while looking at Mia."Unless you know enough to work in the lab,you'll be on the front lines sooner or later.And don't expect others to sacrifice their lives simply to protect you,even if you know about Lugia.It just won't happen."

Mia remained quiet,so Meridia gathered her thoughts and continued.

"More than anything,don't expect that things will end well.For you or your sister.There's no telling what's happened if she was captured by Team Nova.It all depends on who captured her,and why.I should know."
---