This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can't you all see that Froakie is the least interesting starter?

#1JagusPosted 9/21/2013 10:45:28 PM
His concept is so boring. Oh, a ninja frog. He's going to end up looking like a knock-off of Toxicroak. I know Toxicroak is based more off a fighter, but he looks plenty sinister. Frogadier is just heading into redundant territory. He's a generic "cool-looking" frog that has the least interesting concept behind him compared to the other starters.

Say what you want, Chespin's line is incredibly unique. Its round-shaped evolution was a daring move, and it's well-designed to boot. There is an interesting narrative going on here -- it's a really docile Pokemon that's going to end up turning out evil. What happened to it in the process? What will happen to its round shape? Will it shed its "training armor?" There is a mystery here.

And then Braixen is also really clever. Not only does it use its stick as a wand, but when its put in its tail, it looks like a broomstick, hinting towards a witch motif. It makes you excited to see what it will turn into next.

Froakie has absolutely nothing going for it.
---
No, marriage is about love. It fails because people think love can be reduced to a feeling. - On the Edge
#2gekijyukenPosted 9/21/2013 10:46:30 PM
Well Froakie 2nd form is flying and water, and that can be Fenniken and Chespin's second form.
---
3DS FC: 5069 5306 5110
#3godogodPosted 9/21/2013 10:48:04 PM
^^^No. Froakie's 1st evolution stage is still water. It just happen to learn bounce, which is a flying type move.
#4EnferolunosPosted 9/21/2013 10:49:24 PM(edited)
Oh look. Opinions being passed off as facts.
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFXV, KHIII
Don't start unbelieving! Never do not feel your feelings!
#5Arne83Posted 9/21/2013 10:50:03 PM
Jagus posted...
He's going to end up looking like a knock-off of Toxicroak.

I didn't know we had precogs on this board.
---
More of a Pokemon fan than TherianReturns will ever be.
Snowflame is greatest comic villain ever made. Shame on DC for letting him fade into obscurity.
#6Jagus(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2013 10:50:06 PM
Enferolunos posted...

Oh look, an insecure person who feels threatened when people don't tack "in my opinion" at the end of their every sentence
---
No, marriage is about love. It fails because people think love can be reduced to a feeling. - On the Edge
#7EnferolunosPosted 9/21/2013 10:50:40 PM
Jagus posted...
Enferolunos posted...

Oh look, an insecure person who feels threatened when people don't tack "in my opinion" at the end of their every sentence

I'm not insecure. I'm picking Fennekin.
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFXV, KHIII
Don't start unbelieving! Never do not feel your feelings!
#8JackSolomonPosted 9/21/2013 10:51:01 PM
... My parody topic senses are tingling...
#9RyoukaiPosted 9/21/2013 10:54:59 PM
And then Froakie defies all expectations and evolves into something none of us saw coming.

This just feels like a topic to defend Braixen and Quilladin's designs. I'll admit, I'm much more interested to see how Chespin and Fennekin are going to turn out, mostly because I'm picking Fennekin, but Froakie has potential to be interesting as well. Just because its design right now is the "safest", doesn't mean it'll stay that way. Just look at Oshawott.
---
The Official Luigi of the Super Smash Bros. Wii U Boards
3DS FC: 5455-9721-8413
#10jedinatPosted 9/21/2013 10:56:14 PM
TC is trying way too hard.