This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What was your first shiny 'mon? (Legit method only, no AR.)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. What was your first shiny 'mon? (Legit method only, no AR.)

User Info: chardymardy_mgx

chardymardy_mgx
3 years ago#1
The first one that I got was way back in Pokemon Silver, when I was hunting for a Pidgey I stumbled upon a Shiny Raticate. Needless to say even if I don't like Raticates that much, for the whole duration of the game I had him on my team and including Red Gyarados I had two shinies during that playthrough.

Ever since that day many many years ago, barring-Red Gyarados on my HG and SS playthrough of course, I have not found another shiny.

How about you guys?
"Deeds in themselves are meaningless unless they are for some higher purpose." -Artorius Castus
"I'm a ninja." -_Alpal

User Info: poikes

poikes
3 years ago#2
Bibarrel...
Like somehow he finds out Doc is Peter and that Peter is dead and he's all like "Aww hell nah. Nobody kills the webhead but me"- homiesunite

User Info: beebarb

beebarb
3 years ago#3
Not counting the guaranteed ones like Red Gyarados, a Glameow in Pearl.
Experience beats bias, but words on the Internet are meaningless.
3DS XL FC: 2492-4470-1418 / White 2 FC: 0047-4149-5185 / White FC: 0348-0626-6780

User Info: ThatOneButch

ThatOneButch
3 years ago#4
Shiny magnemite in Pokémon pearl. And not including soft resetting its the only wild shiny I've ever found, despite playing every gen, some even multiple times and never using a repel.

User Info: Leo-Marluxia

Leo-Marluxia
3 years ago#5
Graveler in Crystal version on the route south of Blackthorn City. Luckily it didnt explode.
3DS FC: 4339-2582-9217
~Darkness is the hearts true essence~

User Info: scudzilla

scudzilla
3 years ago#6
Non random: Red Gyarados from Gold
Random: Poochyena from Emerald

User Info: Sloth9230

Sloth9230
3 years ago#7
A Blue Nidoking in Fire Red is what inspired my love for the Nido family as well as all poison types. Sadly, I lost him, but I plan to soon start mass breeding DW Nidos in hopes that I can see my old friend in glorious 3d.

Or just use Pokegen if all else fails :D

User Info: alons1293

alons1293
3 years ago#8
Poliwag in pokemon gold.
Guild Wars2 ~ Abysswalker

User Info: usdmike181

usdmike181
3 years ago#9
Still haven't caught a "true" shiny...8 games and hundreds of hours since they were introduced. The only shiny pokemon I have had were the Red Gyrados, the Haxorus in B2 and the legendary events going on now. Someday...someday...
3DS friend code Ajax: 2595-0429-7348

User Info: chardymardy_mgx

chardymardy_mgx
3 years ago#10
Sloth9230 posted...
A Blue Nidoking in Fire Red is what inspired my love for the Nido family as well as all poison types. Sadly, I lost him, but I plan to soon start mass breeding DW Nidos in hopes that I can see my old friend in glorious 3d.

Or just use Pokegen if all else fails :D

I havent checked out the confirmed old pokemon list to appear in x and y (if there is one.) but I do hope we could catch a nidoran in X, nidoking is one of my favorite pokemons.:D
"Deeds in themselves are meaningless unless they are for some higher purpose." -Artorius Castus
"I'm a ninja." -_Alpal
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. What was your first shiny 'mon? (Legit method only, no AR.)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived