This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If Sky Uppercut becomes SE against Flying-types...

#1LenneValkiryePosted 9/21/2013 11:43:28 PM
...do you think that would become the new standard Fighting-type attack for most pokemon that learn it?
Would the power drop from Close Combat and HJK be worth an extra SE match-up?
Notably it would mean that pokemon such as Skarmory, Staraptor and Yveltall would be 4x weak to it.

Breloom, Blaziken and Lucario would certainly make good use of it (as if they weren't already good enough).
#2KeeperOfShadowsPosted 9/21/2013 11:59:42 PM
I don't think it should be SE against flying-types. Simply because flying pokemon aren't always airborne. You can't anti-air a grounded opponent.

What I think should be done is make it so if Sky Uppercut is used on a pokemon using Fly or Bounce, that pokemon takes greater damage(similar to Dig/Earthquake), and is knocked out of the air, loosing a turn(similar to Focus Punch).
---
A voice of reason, in a chaotic realm.
"Are you angry? Do you hate me?"
#3SpikeTbearPosted 9/22/2013 12:00:09 AM
Flying types don't need to be nerfed at all, except for perhaps some of the Dragons. This is bad. Don't do it.
---
"The most important thing is to never stop questioning." -Albert Einstein.
Xbox Live: AlteraLateralus
#4Sloth9230Posted 9/22/2013 12:03:26 AM
It would certainly be an interesting option.
#5SantiagofrfPosted 9/22/2013 12:17:47 AM(edited)
Fighting is a pretty strong typing already, it doesn't need any more buffs. Doing this will probably end up dropping most of Flying out of OU (as if stealth rock wasnt already a problem for them).
---
I am the milkman. My milk is delicious.
It's fortified with what the world wants, what the world deserves.
#6Sloth9230Posted 9/22/2013 12:20:58 AM
Santiagofrf posted...
Fighting is a pretty strong typing already, it doesn't need any more buffs. Doing this will probably end up dropping most of Flying out of OU (as if stealth rock wasnt already a problem for them).

Not really. Most good OU flying types(not named Skarmory) out speed all of the Sky Uppercut users except Speed boosted Blaziken.
#7LenneValkirye(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2013 12:29:57 AM
Oh for the love of god. This thread isn't about discussing how overpowered fighting is and how flying doesn't need nerfs, it's discussing whether a 35-45 BP loss is a price worth paying for turning a NVE matchup into a SE one.
Trollfreak gave water-types Scald in Gen 5 so anything is possible.
#8Sloth9230Posted 9/22/2013 12:42:29 AM
LenneValkirye posted...
Oh for the love of god. This thread isn't about discussing how overpowered fighting is and how flying doesn't need nerfs, it's discussing whether a 35-45 BP loss is a price worth paying for turning a NVE matchup into a SE one.
Trollfreak gave water-types Scald in Gen 5 so anything is possible.

I don't think it would be worth it frankly. Aside from the Kami trio, Skarmory, and Staraptor, I don't think there are any other flying types currently in OU. Most would probably prefer Close Combat or Hi Jimp Kick.
#9KeeperOfShadowsPosted 9/22/2013 12:52:14 AM(edited)
LenneValkirye posted...

I'd say so, especially considering it'd also gives fighting a big counter to a type its weak against.

Of course, I like to take risks when opponents try to force a switch, and that might not be a gamble alot of players would want to take.
---
A voice of reason, in a chaotic realm.
"Are you angry? Do you hate me?"