This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any pokemon set that can 100% Check Mewtwo?

#1SirFeedPosted 9/22/2013 3:03:07 AM
Is there any single set from any pokemon that can 100 percent check whatever Mewtwo throws at it?
---
I am a turtle
Ign: Sir Feed
#2Arne83Posted 9/22/2013 3:06:21 AM
No. At least, I don't think their is.
---
More of a Pokemon fan than TherianReturns will ever be.
Snowflame is greatest comic villain ever made. Shame on DC for letting him fade into obscurity.
#3The_DragonwPosted 9/22/2013 3:07:48 AM
Mewtwo has a very varied moveset, so I wouldn't think so.

A pokemon that can learn such diverse moves is hard to check.
---
White Friend Code: 1764 2206 9014
The official Shadow Lugia of the Pokemon X/Y boards
#4XiammesPosted 9/22/2013 3:10:44 AM
It all depends on the set that Mewtwo is running, but he does have his checks depending on the set he uses.

Scarf Genesect has probably the best coverage on Mewtwo sets, a even a unboosted Uturn will nearly 1hko most Mewtwo's, a bulky Mewtwo would be better off investing in special defense, giving Genesect the attack boost.
#5slaterastlePosted 9/22/2013 3:12:30 AM
I dont know what you are talking about

If you are talking about defending against super effective spiritomb can already do that

If you are talking about being able to super effect everyone you can't, garchomp can get close apparently but I know electivire or whatever his name is can get 3 less types than garchomp supposedly can. All 18 just isn't gonna happen, even if you got six moves it still wouldn't happen. If you can do it with six let me know that means there is a flaw I. My knowledge I have been trying to fix.

But again, what are you talking about?

Garchomp can get 16 while electivire can get 13
---
Ok whoever reported my topic we had a good conversation going on so screw you. A lot of people wrote very good things and now our work is dead. Smooth stuff man
#6SirFeed(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2013 3:14:03 AM
Xiammes posted...
It all depends on the set that Mewtwo is running, but he does have his checks depending on the set he uses.

Scarf Genesect has probably the best coverage on Mewtwo sets, a even a unboosted Uturn will nearly 1hko most Mewtwo's, a bulky Mewtwo would be better off investing in special defense, giving Genesect the attack boost.

But almost all Mewtwo's run +4 Def nowadays meaning that Genesect wont even come close to OHKO'ing and then Fireblast will demolish him
---
I am a turtle
#7Arne83Posted 9/22/2013 3:14:06 AM
Xiammes posted...

Yeah, Genesect is good... but even then, it is no where near perfect. If Mewtwo can hit it with a Fire Blast, it's gonna go down before it even has a chance to do anything.
---
More of a Pokemon fan than TherianReturns will ever be.
Snowflame is greatest comic villain ever made. Shame on DC for letting him fade into obscurity.
#8SirFeed(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2013 3:16:52 AM
slaterastle posted...
I dont know what you are talking about

If you are talking about defending against super effective spiritomb can already do that

If you are talking about being able to super effect everyone you can't, garchomp can get close apparently but I know electivire or whatever his name is can get 3 less types than garchomp supposedly can. All 18 just isn't gonna happen, even if you got six moves it still wouldn't happen. If you can do it with six let me know that means there is a flaw I. My knowledge I have been trying to fix.

But again, what are you talking about?

Garchomp can get 16 while electivire can get 13

'Check' in pokelanguage means 'to beat in a 1v1' essentially. So I'm asking if there is a Pokemon set that will always Kill mewtwo in a 1v1 no matter what set Mewtwo runs
---
I am a turtle
#9The_DragonwPosted 9/22/2013 3:19:03 AM
Isn't Mewtwo faster than Genesect, though?

And potential 447/448? Special Attack using Fire blast is sure to defeat Genesect before it makes a move.

The bug has to hope Fire Blast misses.
---
White Friend Code: 1764 2206 9014
The official Shadow Lugia of the Pokemon X/Y boards
#10XiammesPosted 9/22/2013 3:37:04 AM
SirFeed posted...
Xiammes posted...

But almost all Mewtwo's run +4 Def nowadays meaning that Genesect wont even come close to OHKO'ing and then Fireblast will demolish him

Personally I wouldn't rely on fire blast, also, bug buzz and uturn, the only Mewtwo sets that can counter is scarf and focus sashed.