This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why doesnt Eevee have a normal evo?

#1MechaKirbyPosted 9/22/2013 4:44:25 AM
Topic. I want more options for Team Eon.
---
GTag/PSN: MechaknightX [][] Tales of Vesperia Translation progress: Dahngrest (1st visit)
#2BionicLotusPosted 9/22/2013 4:52:31 AM
Cause that's pointless. Eevee is already a normal type, just level it.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0001-3342-4877 - Martin
#3MechaKirby(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2013 5:12:32 AM
BionicLotus posted...
Cause that's pointless. Eevee is already a normal type, just level it.

How is it pointless? A bst of 325 is bad. A normal evo won't hurt it.
---
GTag/PSN: MechaknightX [][] Tales of Vesperia Translation progress: Dahngrest (1st visit)
#4Twilight_SonataPosted 9/22/2013 5:13:12 AM
For the same reason it doesn't have a Rock, Poison, Ground, Flying, Bug, Ghost, Fighting, Steel, or Dragon evolution. They just haven't gotten around to it yet.
#5SgtCashmerePosted 9/22/2013 5:18:13 AM
I don't think a Nomal-type Eeveelution would be viable in battle.
#6NightWatch177Posted 9/22/2013 5:22:43 AM
Eevee supposedly evolve to best survive/take advantage of it's surroundings. Evolutionary stones are essentially high doses of habitat, forcing the Pokemon to evolve to survive in its extreme surroundings. E.g., 'wild' Eevee might evolve in to Vaporeon if in an aquatic biome, or out of necessity if drowning, or through a stone. Umbreon might come about naturally if being attacked and severely damaged at night. Doesn't make as much sense for Espeon, Slyveon, etc, but you catch my drift.
---
GT: Corrupted177 - Play Halo Reach, Dark Souls, Armored Core V, Borderlands GOTY and Dragon's Dogma.
NNID: NightWatchman177 - Play Nintendoland and ZombiU.
#7Twilight_SonataPosted 9/22/2013 5:25:49 AM
SgtCashmere posted...
I don't think a Nomal-type Eeveelution would be viable in battle.

We had this discussion like five thousand times when folks were speculating about Sylveon possibly being Normal-type. Yes, mono-Normal is basically the worst typing that a Pokemon could have nowadays, but there are still ways to make it work, especially given the right combination of stats, movepool, and ability.
#8Twilight_SonataPosted 9/22/2013 5:28:35 AM
NightWatch177 posted...
Eevee supposedly evolve to best survive/take advantage of it's surroundings.

That need not necessarily involve changing type. Again, that's a point that was debunked to death during the time that Sylveon was speculated to be Normal-type.