This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Water Fairy Type Pokemon

#1RedstonecorePosted 9/22/2013 9:08:19 AM
Am I the only person who thinks that fairy water will be an awesome type especially so if it gets levitate.
It will be resistant to fighting and if it gets levitate immune to ground the two best offensive types for super-effective coverage.
It will also be immune to dragon, the best type for neutral coverage.
It will then resist ice(except for freeze dry) and fire, which for super effective coverage are second only to fighting and ground(and tied with rock which water fairy will have a neutrality to).
It will also have a resistance to water which is a decent offensive type as well as a resistance to dark which notably includes pursuit and sucker punch(but not much more than that).
It will only be weak to poison(which doesn't really matter), electric(which is not a great type to be weak to but not a bad one either), and grass(similar situation to electric).
#2uuurrrgghPosted 9/22/2013 9:10:07 AM
Azumarill.

Other than no Levitate, which I would gladly pass for Huge Power.
---
Apparently, I'm nobody.
B2 FC: 3010 5891 4441
#3MaplesGrandGMPosted 9/22/2013 9:13:25 AM
All of your "doesn't really matter," points, are assuming nothing changes in the meta-game. They all happen to be reasons the meta-game will change, and suggestions as to what will change.
#4Redstonecore(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2013 9:13:42 AM
uuurrrggh posted...
Azumarill.

Yeah of course but I'm talking about this defensively(which in that case levitate would of course be better than huge power).
#5Redstonecore(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2013 9:14:39 AM
MaplesGrandGM posted...
All of your "doesn't really matter," points, are assuming nothing changes in the meta-game. They all happen to be reasons the meta-game will change, and suggestions as to what will change.

I only said that about poison and I doubt poison will suddenly become the best offensive type.
#6Twilight_SonataPosted 9/22/2013 9:18:16 AM
Redstonecore posted...
I doubt poison will suddenly become the best offensive type.

Not the best, but I think it's premature to assume it's not going to rise in usage at all. It probably will at at least some degree.
#7JoJoX200Posted 9/22/2013 9:34:01 AM(edited)
Redstonecore posted...
MaplesGrandGM posted...

I only said that about poison and I doubt poison will suddenly become the best offensive type.

The already existing poison moves are actually pretty strong, except for their bad coverage. An increase of Poison usage is something fairies actually need to watch out for, imo.

Gunk Shot is essentially Focus Blast, Cross Poison and Poison Jab are pretty high powered when you consider poison chance and increased crit chance and there are Sludge Wave(poison Surf with poison chance), Sludge Bomb(remember Scald? This is stronger, with the same chance to inflict poison instead of burn) and Acid Spray(weak-ish but a very good side effect) for the special side.

Poison already has the tools. It's just coverage they lacked.

Poison also makes good use of Technician btw, with Poison Fang BADLY poisoning stuff at 50 power and the already mentioned Acid Spray.
---
http://jojodee.deviantart.com/ -- Fakemons and other stuff
#8kumorixLovelessPosted 9/22/2013 9:33:40 AM
Redstonecore posted...
uuurrrggh posted...
Azumarill.

Yeah of course but I'm talking about this defensively(which in that case levitate would of course be better than huge power).

Well, Azumarill can be defensive since its 100/80/80 if i'm not mistaken and has Sap Sipper too. Sadly is not Levitate but is something.
---
PSN: Tofuman2021
3DS Friend code: 5000-2002-8067
#9Redstonecore(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2013 10:25:10 AM
JoJoX200 posted...
Redstonecore posted...
MaplesGrandGM posted...

The already existing poison moves are actually pretty strong, except for their bad coverage. An increase of Poison usage is something fairies actually need to watch out for, imo.

Gunk Shot is essentially Focus Blast, Cross Poison and Poison Jab are pretty high powered when you consider poison chance and increased crit chance and there are Sludge Wave(poison Surf with poison chance), Sludge Bomb(remember Scald? This is stronger, with the same chance to inflict poison instead of burn) and Acid Spray(weak-ish but a very good side effect) for the special side.

Poison already has the tools. It's just coverage they lacked.

Poison also makes good use of Technician btw, with Poison Fang BADLY poisoning stuff at 50 power and the already mentioned Acid Spray.

Yes however poison is still overall one of the worst offensive types and fairies being weak to it won't change that(it will make it better of course but still pretty bad). Also lets look at type immunities a type is immune to ground because ground is tied with fighting for supereffective against the most types so something needs to balance it out and the same with fighting. Electric is because of only three types resisting it. Psychic having no effect on dark simply because it was op as hell. Ghost having no effect on normal well that's partly because normal needs to have some use also something interesting due to the recent changes to the type chart ghost is now slightly better offensively than dragon(1 type resists dragon 1 type resists ghost, 1 type is immune to dragon 1 type is immune to ghost and 1 type is weak to dragon and 2 types are weak to ghost, however there will be far more normal types than fairy types for a long time).
Normal has no effect on ghost because otherwise only two types would resist normal. Dragon is because it was resisted by only one type. Poison has no effect on steel because *sarcasm starts* only 4 different types resist poison and a whopping two types are weak to it *sarcasm ends*. The only reason a type is immune to poison is for an immunity to toxic.
#10Redstonecore(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2013 10:27:01 AM
kumorixLoveless posted...
Redstonecore posted...
uuurrrggh posted...
Azumarill.

Well, Azumarill can be defensive since its 100/80/80 if i'm not mistaken and has Sap Sipper too. Sadly is not Levitate but is something.

Well even so I wasn't talking about azumarill in the first place I was talking about the typing itself and how many resistances and immunities to powerful types it would have if it had levitate