This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Shiny pokemon chances.

#21Sir WillPosted 9/23/2013 10:12:15 AM
Twilight_Sonata posted...
Alexoneill77777 posted...
Twilight_Sonata posted...
It shouldn't change. Making them any more common would make them not as special. Making them any more rare would make older ones not as special as newer ones.

I have never even found one:(

If the chances increase, then it won't be as special when you do.

I hate the special snowflake argument.

1/1000 still isn't that common. I don't see anything wrong with running into a couple on an average playthrough.
---
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'
#22mustardpi314Posted 9/23/2013 10:17:39 AM
i'd rather "shiny" pokemon be removed, and instead have multiple color schemes for all pokemon with near-equal chances of being encountered.
---
Official Ninetales of the Pokemon X and Y boards
Now playing SSB games, SSF4AE, and other random stuff.
#23Twilight_SonataPosted 9/23/2013 10:43:19 AM
Sir Will posted...
I hate the special snowflake argument.

I hate gravity. That's not going to stop it.

1/1000 still isn't that common. I don't see anything wrong with running into a couple on an average playthrough.

There isn't anything wrong with it inherently, but there is something wrong with the notion that some folks who want to experience the special find of a shiny actually want to make that find less special.
#24aDirtyShisnoPosted 9/23/2013 11:39:43 AM
SirPierce posted...
The people who are saying "leave it be" have probably seen multiple shinies. I say 1/1000. I have put over 500 hours into every game except Gold and Ruby and I have NEVER seen a shiny. I also used to play competitively and hatched thousands upon thousands of eggs with 0 shinies.

My Shinies...
Gyarados from Lake Of Rage in Hg/Ss
Linoone from EBGames in Sapphire
Dialga from GameStop in Gen V
Palkia from GameStop in Gen V

That's it. ;_;

***Enters Battle***
**A Shiny Nincada Appears!**
*Catches Shiny Nincada*

***Enters Next Battle***
*Catches Shiny Nincada*

I was so happy. Now I own all 3! Shiny Nincada, Shiny Ninjask, and Shiny Shedinja. It makes for some really bright and shiny triple battles.

:D
---
...and he was never heard from again.
#25CharizardFirePosted 9/23/2013 11:40:26 AM
Where is the Other option?

I like 1/2056 - 1/4112

I want to see one, but I don't want them to be plastered all over the walls.

This sounds good.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#26Sticky_DerpPosted 9/23/2013 11:41:33 AM
aDirtyShisno posted...
SirPierce posted...
The people who are saying "leave it be" have probably seen multiple shinies. I say 1/1000. I have put over 500 hours into every game except Gold and Ruby and I have NEVER seen a shiny. I also used to play competitively and hatched thousands upon thousands of eggs with 0 shinies.

My Shinies...

That's it. ;_;

***Enters Battle***
*Catches Shiny Nincada*

***Enters Next Battle***
*Catches Shiny Nincada*

I was so happy. Now I own all 3! Shiny Nincada, Shiny Ninjask, and Shiny Shedinja. It makes for some really bright and shiny triple battles.

i have one shiny that i just got this weekend
i've played since red and blue

leave it be
if it's more common, it's less special
---
Fox news get's a pass because they have to go against reality's liberal bias. - SilentS89
#27monkeyprince82Posted 9/23/2013 11:42:49 AM
1/5000. I'm sure I haven't played any of the previous games as hardcore as the rest of you have but I've only encountered one shiny and I'm perfectly fine with that. If I really wanted more shinies there are many ways of increasing your odds
#28Rydis-ShikoPosted 9/23/2013 11:47:14 AM
More common. There are 700+ pokemon..even 1/1000 odds are isn't exact not looking for and still very rare to catch many.

Cheapen you say. Not realty 1/1000 is still very rare..and its the astounding odds that currently lead people to hack or dupe their shinies to get instead.
---
If good things come to those who wait - arn't they just the leftovers of those who got there first?
There is not good or bad, just perspective and opinion.
#29Twilight_SonataPosted 9/23/2013 11:52:12 AM
Rydis-Shiko posted...
Cheapen you say. Not realty 1/1000 is still very rare.

Doesn't matter how rare it still is. If it's less rare, then yes, it has been cheapened. It's not an opinion. It is a mathematical fact.
#30CakeOfLiesPosted 9/23/2013 11:53:23 AM
aDirtyShisno posted...
SirPierce posted...

My Shinies...

That's it. ;_;

***Enters Battle***
*Catches Shiny Nincada*

***Enters Next Battle***
*Catches Shiny Nincada*

Someone give this man a medal.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3139-7420-3142 - THIEF