This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Shiny pokemon chances.

#31hellzyaaahhhhhhPosted 9/23/2013 12:57:46 PM
looking for nintendo to randomly sell pokemon games like so

normal:everything's normal
shiny: non-shiny pokemon are rare

buys pokemon x&y

opens gets normal copy of pokemon x
and get shiny copy of pokemon y (shell be known as "pokemon shiny y" XD

shiny pokemon hack issue 100% fixed (ends up with people selling shiny pokemon games for alot money lol

(could see them doing this after the charms they added in black 2/ white 2)
---
owns all game systems... equal feelings about all of them...
its the games i tend to take favor to o.O
#32MoonLightCloudPosted 9/23/2013 12:59:30 PM
aDirtyShisno posted...
SirPierce posted...
The people who are saying "leave it be" have probably seen multiple shinies. I say 1/1000. I have put over 500 hours into every game except Gold and Ruby and I have NEVER seen a shiny. I also used to play competitively and hatched thousands upon thousands of eggs with 0 shinies.

My Shinies...
Gyarados from Lake Of Rage in Hg/Ss
Linoone from EBGames in Sapphire
Dialga from GameStop in Gen V
Palkia from GameStop in Gen V

That's it. ;_;

***Enters Battle***
**A Shiny Nincada Appears!**
*Catches Shiny Nincada*

***Enters Next Battle***
**A Shiny Nincada Appears!**
*Catches Shiny Nincada*

I was so happy. Now I own all 3! Shiny Nincada, Shiny Ninjask, and Shiny Shedinja. It makes for some really bright and shiny triple battles.

:D

XD
While that's very ridiculous, I've also had a similar situation.

My friend and I both promised to get our Shiny Box Legendary back in Diamond/Pearl, so I soft retested for 3 days in front of Dialga. I finally got a shiny one and caught it, and when I was heading to the next city/area, my very next encounter was a Shiny Floatzel.

So it definitely happens.
---
One of my best friends has a viral video, check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrasQOojFyo
#33Rydis-ShikoPosted 9/23/2013 1:12:20 PM
Twilight_Sonata posted...
Rydis-Shiko posted...
Cheapen you say. Not realty 1/1000 is still very rare.

Doesn't matter how rare it still is. If it's less rare, then yes, it has been cheapened. It's not an opinion. It is a mathematical fact.

Difference in meaning. Mathematically yes. But to s person.. Not likely. If they raised the odds of winning the lottery by 1/3 you would be hard pressed to find past winners who now feel their win was cheapened.

At best you will get people who think their superior because they found them when was more rare. But its still rare enough you won't find anyone who would be legitimately cheapened experience.

Someone else's odds have no bearing on your odds. Even 1/1000 could take just as long to find as with 1/8000.

How many have been cheapened by the hatching method? None...thought so
---
If good things come to those who wait - arn't they just the leftovers of those who got there first?
There is not good or bad, just perspective and opinion.
#34aDirtyShisnoPosted 9/23/2013 1:15:31 PM
Um, so I just noticed.....

If you guys look at the bottom of this page where it says "More topics from this board..." you would see:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67286509

"New info about Shiny Pokemon ... Sorry if old!"

There apparently "Masuda also stated that there might be an easier way to obtain Shiny Pokemon", so it looks like you guys might have already gotten your wish. I guess it has something to do with the colors of the flowers, or something.

Also, I forgot to mention before that you already have the odds down to 1 in 1024 if you are hatching an egg of parents from two different regions while in possession of the Shiny Charm in Black 2 and White 2. Now if you don't like breeding for Shinies then it is a 1 in 2730.6 chance of encountering one while in possession of the Shiny Charm.

In short, get that charm to help you out if you are hunting for Shiny Pokemon.
---
...and he was never heard from again.
#35Twilight_SonataPosted 9/23/2013 1:18:21 PM(edited)
So you think people are impressed by that scripted Red Gyarados you caught in the Lake of Rage? Or that shiny Palkia or shiny Dialga you just got? Yeah, didn't think so. Of course nobody's impressed by those, because they're not rare. Anybody can get one.
#36MoonLightCloudPosted 9/23/2013 1:20:20 PM
Rydis-Shiko posted...
If they raised the odds of winning the lottery by 1/3 you would be hard pressed to find past winners who now feel their win was cheapened.

While that may be true, don't a lot of lottery winners win/play based on their own picks and not total luck? So if the odds of winning were raised, they'd just increase their own chances of winning more (especially since they already got so much money, they can afford more tickets than the average guy).

I may be wrong though, *shrugs*
---
One of my best friends has a viral video, check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrasQOojFyo
#37evoxpiscesPosted 9/23/2013 2:45:56 PM
In 15 years of playing pokemon I've only seen 1 shiny and accidentally killed it. It doesn't matter to me because "shiny" pokemon have no bearing on gameplay, it's just cosmetic.
---
3DS FC: 3609-1124-3955
#38paiprPosted 9/23/2013 2:50:49 PM
i want to say 1/1000, but at the same time.....i dont know if i would see shinies cause thats still kinda rare. Honestly i think shinies should be done away with and we should get multiple pallets found in the wild for each pokemon.
---
.....said an almost 30 year old married guy driving a van part time for a living
3ds my fc, 0602-6823-9646, my wifes 0146.9112.0071
#39earthmaster3Posted 9/23/2013 3:05:38 PM
Can't you get it down to 1/4064 with the Masuda Method?
---
It's like walking up to a girl you really like, going in for a kiss, only to get a casual punch to the face before the kiss.
- Notch
#40Rydis-ShikoPosted 9/24/2013 6:29:38 AM
MoonLightCloud posted...
Rydis-Shiko posted...
If they raised the odds of winning the lottery by 1/3 you would be hard pressed to find past winners who now feel their win was cheapened.

While that may be true, don't a lot of lottery winners win/play based on their own picks and not total luck? So if the odds of winning were raised, they'd just increase their own chances of winning more (especially since they already got so much money, they can afford more tickets than the average guy).

I may be wrong though, *shrugs*

Its still total luck. Its no different then saying someone who plays more hours has a better chance since they have more time to catch. Its still down to being lucky and one person being more lucky then another doesn't cheapen it. No more then someone else being just as lucky.

They won..they already experience the win
---
If good things come to those who wait - arn't they just the leftovers of those who got there first?
There is not good or bad, just perspective and opinion.