This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Shiny pokemon chances.

#41AAngelMichaelPosted 9/24/2013 6:18:29 AM
The encounter rate should be increased. I've been playing since red/blue and I've caught a gloom and a patrat. I encountered a third but I can't remember what it was, I had killed it. It's pure luck, those of us who have them are just lucky. They weren't earned or anything so nothing is being cheapened. It's purely ascetic and I think it would be nice to see more legit shinies around. A lot of the recolors are cool and it would add more variety to the game. Maybe even give some to the in-game trainers.
---
3DS Friend Code: 2466-2280-9220 ACNL Town: Cascadia
"Way past cool!" - Sonic the Hedgehog
#42KefkaesqueXIIIPosted 9/24/2013 7:09:24 AM
Twilight_Sonata posted...
So you think people are impressed by that scripted Red Gyarados you caught in the Lake of Rage? Or that shiny Palkia or shiny Dialga you just got? Yeah, didn't think so. Of course nobody's impressed by those, because they're not rare. Anybody can get one.

*facepalm*

Way to totally miss the point.

You're right, no one views 100% chance shinies (like the gyarados and event shinies) as being all that special. But we're not talking about a 100% chance, we're talking about a 0.1% chance.

Would that make shinies more common than the 0.0122% chance we have now? Of course! But the point is that 0.1% is a small enough chance that a normal player would be lucky to see more than 1 or 2 shinies during their playthrough. For the vast majority of people, that's more than rare enough to allow shinies to keep their uniqueness.
---
http://tinyurl.com/OperationDecode
Please sign this petition to get Digimon Re:Digitize Decode localized!
#43DeathtatorPosted 9/24/2013 7:45:01 AM
Wow I can't believe people failed to mention the chaining system in D/P/PT or the shiny charm from Gen 5.

Shiny Charm
"In B&W2, there's an item called the Shining Charm that allows higher Shiny chance. The chance of WIld Pokemon that are Shiny goes up 300%.
"making it a 1 in 2,370.6 chance."
"making it a 1 in 2,370.6 chance."
or if you included "masuda method of breeding"
"1 in 1024"
"1 in 1024"