This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Among rivals, why does Hugh get so much hate?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Among rivals, why does Hugh get so much hate?
3 years ago#1
I mean, other than barry, who took a lot of heat for a while, more people seem to dislike hugh than almost any other rival, from what I've seen. Nowadays, even barry seems to be decently liked.

Personally, I felt Hugh to be a nice change of pace out of the rivals. He wasn't the "hello friend, lets have a friendly no-stakes battle of friendly friendliness" that we've been plagued with since gen 3 (brandon/may, barry, bianca), nor was he a poor-man's blue ripoff (cheren). He actually had motivation beyond just "i wanna beat you just because" and, story wise, was genre savvy enough to abuse the rival system ( battling each other in order for both to become stronger. Theoretically) to achieve his aims. People complain that he wasn't strong enough, but he was a hell of a lot better than brandon/may who were out of the game before even evolving their starter.

He wasn't great, but I don't see why he's so disliked
I cannot protect you without holding a sword.
I cannot embrace you while holding a sword.
3 years ago#2
I don't know. I haven't played BW2 yet. I love his design though so I have high expectations.
Fox news get's a pass because they have to go against reality's liberal bias. - SilentS89
3 years ago#3
Because >"I'm going to unleash my rage now" *sends out pokemon*
someone in a parallel dimension is trying to find Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up",but can only find videos of the upcoming pokemon.
3 years ago#4
A) Design and B) My sister's Purrloin.... when there's purrloins everywhere.

I mostly think it's the design, but character wise he's one of the better ones imo.
#RememberTheManticore - SMITE
"I'll bait you and outsmart you" - nobody important
3 years ago#5
People don't recognize perfection. <3
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdtqd6EJTY1qlpahho1_500.jpg My husbando <3
QWILFISH for Smash 4! Also waiting on Qwilfish's Megalution, QWILSHARK!
3 years ago#6
Because of his rage. Over a Purrloin.
3 years ago#7
Terrible hair, terrible personality (Waa purrloin waa waa), Poor teams, there is nothing not to hate about this guy.

Aside from his theme.
"The best part about the internet is that you can make up quotes"George Washington
Official Shadow Zangoose of the X board and WF!
3 years ago#8
Thepenguinking2 posted...
Terrible hair, terrible personality (Waa purrloin waa waa), Poor teams, there is nothing not to hate about this guy.

Aside from his theme.

I think he just needs a girlfriend. He's not doing himself any favor raging over a Purrloin though.
3 years ago#9
He had motivation, sure, but he also cried about it all the time. "TEAM PLASMA I WILL KILL YOU GIVE ME BACK MY SISTER'S PURRLOIN T__________T"

His team was also kinda crappy. It's a bit difficult to take him seriously when he uses an Unfezant and one of the monkeys.

But that said, he did have an awesome design and music, so I can't hate him. His character is just kind of lame.
YOU WANT SOME FUNERAL TO GO WITH THAT CAKE?
http://i.minus.com/ibeTNBZS1C6k9v.gif
3 years ago#10
Cheren = poor man's Blue? He's nothing like Blue.
Blue was cocky, Cheren is confident.
Blue was constantly putting you down, Cheren is your friend and is challenged by you.
Check out my music page at: chrisbyerly.bandcamp.com or soundcloud.com/chris-byerly
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Among rivals, why does Hugh get so much hate?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived