This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Did GTA5 just steal the thunder of Pokemon X/Y?

#1Pupu27Posted 9/22/2013 5:23:07 PM
The timing of GTA5 release are the worst that could happen to Pokemon X/Y. With all the media and fanboys from all over the place talk about a "behemoth of a game" with 1 billions sales in revenue nobody seems to remember about X/Y anymore.

Before GTA5 I was very confident that Pokemon X/Y will have the most successful launch day on the history of the series but now I'm not so sure any more. All the money that Nintendo spent on marketing campaigns for X&Y suddenly become a waste overnight when nobody even mention about it anymore (it's GTA, GTA, GTA all over the Internet). Right now I would be very happy if it could sell about 500k copies on it's first day.
---
God gave us the English language to troll on Gamefaqs :)
#2dadkwasherePosted 9/22/2013 5:23:53 PM
Its GTA. What do you expect? Im in the GTA bandwagon too!
---
*Raises Fire Emblem, casts flame resistance spell, wears varia suit, equips flame terrenial, and goes under fallout bunker* Punished Snake approves...maybe?
#3Pereb27Posted 9/22/2013 5:23:57 PM
The target audience for GTAV and X/Y is (for the most part) completely different.
#4DrakoVongola1Posted 9/22/2013 5:24:41 PM
It's GTA, it steals everything's thunder, and with good reason.
---
Official leader of the Illuminati.
#5dadkwasherePosted 9/22/2013 5:25:55 PM
DrakoVongola1 posted...
It's GTA, it steals everything's thunder, and with good reason.

*high fives*
This one is really great. I really recommend it.
Nonetheless, two VERY ambitious games within a month of each other. I aint complaining.
---
*Raises Fire Emblem, casts flame resistance spell, wears varia suit, equips flame terrenial, and goes under fallout bunker* Punished Snake approves...maybe?
#6bonannPosted 9/22/2013 5:26:28 PM
Pereb27 posted...
The target audience for GTAV and X/Y is (for the most part) completely different.

Basically this. Plus GTAV is on more than one platform, while on the other hand you would have to buy a 3DS to play Pokemon.
---
3DS: 4313 - 0687- 5263 | AC: NL Town: Aries
#7MetaDeDeDePosted 9/22/2013 5:26:29 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8Lux_SentouPosted 9/22/2013 5:27:00 PM
Different audiences, completely different types of game the fact that I am positive GTA V's success will not even put a scratch in how well the game sells in japan. It doesn't matter if no one mentions it anymore: its been mentioned enough. ANyone who would want it knows of it already. Doesn't hurt that most game stores, where gta was sold, have had pokemon kiosks up for months, and some (gamestop) are till offering dowlnoadable pokemon that people are till coming in to get.

This game will do fine.
---
I cannot protect you without holding a sword.
I cannot embrace you while holding a sword.
#9MagikarpRulesPosted 9/22/2013 5:27:16 PM
Funny thing: people complain about Pokemon being the same every time, but they see no problem with games like GTA that have changed less than Pokemon over time.

And most people that play GTA won't play Pokemon anyway, because they think they are oh-so-mature.
#10NewbieN00bPosted 9/22/2013 5:27:31 PM
The two games have pretty different demographics.
---
Give me all teh FE D':
White FC: 4428-2451-8791