This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A new Hidden Ability for Shedinja?

#41fahademonPosted 9/23/2013 7:56:18 AM
Spirit Void is automatically useless once the opponent switches out.You do get a free turn to set-up,but still.Its always annoying when the opponent loses stat drops.

I do like your other ideas.Shedinja has always been awesome,so I'd like to see it get more variety than Wonder Guard.
---
http://tinyurl.com/OperationDecode | Please sign this for Digimon Re:Digitize Decode to get localized!(see quote)
Official (Shadow)Lugia of all Pokemon Boards.
#42Great_ReapettePosted 9/23/2013 8:00:10 AM
Angelic sounds like a god to Nuzlocke.
---
Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.
#43Twilight_Sonata(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2013 8:15:10 AM
Faust_8 posted...
I think Angelic would make a lot more sense if it revived a Pokemon before you send a new Pokemon out.

Maybe, but how would the Pokemon be selected? The thing about abilities is that they've always been passive, you never go out of your way to activate an ability or choose what an ability does. So if, when Shedinja faints, the game asks you to select a Pokemon to revive specifically and then asks you what Pokemon you want to send out, then that's a great departure from how any other ability works. On the other hand, if the game just asks you what Pokemon you want to send out, and then Angelic activates passively to revive your choice of Pokemon, then that falls a lot more in line with how other abilities work.

fahademon posted...
Spirit Void is automatically useless once the opponent switches out.You do get a free turn to set-up,but still.Its always annoying when the opponent loses stat drops.

Yes, but I think that you underestimate just how useful it can sometimes be to force an opponent out, especially later-game when an opponent's viable replacement options are more limited. Battlers often sacrifice Pokemon to try to force out a difficult sweeper or wall, and the shift in momentum can be extremely valuable in turning the tides. I've conceded, though, that Spirit Void is more niche in usage than Angelic is. What can I say? Balancing abilities perfectly is hard. =P
#44ClassyOldHatPosted 9/24/2013 9:43:07 AM
Dr Edward Roivas posted...
When a Pokemon is fainted, it doesn't come back, in any battle outside of the main adventure.

Changing this rule would have far-flung implications. A big competitive change that might have odd consequences.

Actually, this had already been done in Black and White, with "Wonder launcher" mode. I managed to get out of a few scrapes by reviving a Pokemon at the last second.

I don't blame you for missing it though; even Game Freak seemed to forget it existed, even more than they did triple/rotation battles. I could never find an opponent in any mode but singles or doubles, online.
#45PryexelPosted 9/26/2013 12:11:07 PM
Bump
---
Banjo & Kazooie, Pichu, Ninten, Mewtwo, and Magnus for SSB4!
Pokemon Thunder Yellow for 3DS please!
#46Don_of_BladesPosted 9/26/2013 12:16:46 PM
Dr Edward Roivas posted...
When a Pokemon is fainted, it doesn't come back, in any battle outside of the main adventure.

Changing this rule would have far-flung implications. A big competitive change that might have odd consequences.

Healing wish does something similar, sacrifices the user to give an ally a full revive. I could get behind a hidden ability like it. The more diversity, the better.
#47Luigi playerPosted 9/26/2013 12:29:44 PM
Angelic sounds cool.

GF would probably see Sturdy as too broken. Not everyone has Toxic / Leech Seed, weather or entry hazards. Yeah, competitively speaking almost everyone has them, but all ingame things and people who don't know about smogon and stuff would probably not be able to kill it 99% of the time.

You could also have a team of spinners and rain/sun inducers (does not have to be a Pokemon with such an ability) and KO all the Pokemon that can lay hazards or change the weather.

It sounds like a gimmick, but imo it could still be really strong. Everyone would need to carry Toxic, Will O Wisp, Leech Seed, Hail or Sandstorm as an attack to fight him, or just switch around really often. While Tentacruel, Forretress and Ferrothorn could lay hazards themselves and the first 2 can also spin opposing ones away, change weather and threaten some others with Scald.
---
I'm a the Luigi master!
www.freewebs.com/luigi_player/
#48darkshadowspawnPosted 9/26/2013 12:31:05 PM
fahademon posted...

True, but if your opponent had a moment or two to set up a sweep before Sheddy pops up? They'd lose the buffs (either through Spirit Void or the switch...doesn't really matter) and would have to either set up again or try to sweep with reduced stats. Either way, it gives you a fighting chance.
---
My great weakness is the love I have for the fair sex, and pretty much all my trouble comes from or can be traced to that charming source.
- Myles Keogh
#49themagicpainmanPosted 9/26/2013 1:22:46 PM
Make Wonder Guard also immune to indirect damage.
---
"Combine Cloak and Dagger with Boots of Swiftness so CC doesn't stop you from moving faster toward defeat." - Frost_shock_FTW
#50Twilight_Sonata(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2013 2:01:00 PM
themagicpainman posted...
Make Wonder Guard also immune to indirect damage.

lol, I think you maybe missed the spirit of the topic. This topic isn't about making Wonder Guard better. That topic's been done to death. =P