This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How you play the game

#1PhroFiXLOLPosted 9/22/2013 8:00:23 PM
Anyone else going to go through this game, catching every pokemon in every route? Or am i the only one who does this lol >.<
#2AAngelMichaelPosted 9/22/2013 8:02:13 PM
You're not alone. I do the same thing. I never move on until I have at least one of every pokemon available in an area.
---
3DS Friend Code: 2466-2280-9220 ACNL Town: Cascadia
"Way past cool!" - Sonic the Hedgehog
#3PhroFiXLOL(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2013 8:03:33 PM
Haha good, always thought i was weird being so ocd about it, sometimes annoying getting those < 5% encounter rate ones though.
#4Hydra_Gundam_Posted 9/22/2013 8:03:37 PM
I try to catch every Poke I encounter that hasnt been caught yet.

Mostly when Im grinding for level ups I guess. So I dont have to come back to every little route post game.
---
Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space
#5FuneralCakePosted 9/22/2013 8:05:16 PM
I don't usually catch every Pokemon in a route before moving on, mostly due to the fact that I won't know what's on every route, and also because I would rather go back and catch them when I'm done with the story. I still take my sweet ass time playing through the story, but that doesn't mean I won't leave an area until I catch everything.
---
YOU WANT SOME FUNERAL TO GO WITH THAT CAKE?
http://i.minus.com/ibeTNBZS1C6k9v.gif
#6AAngelMichaelPosted 9/22/2013 8:05:49 PM
PhroFiXLOL posted...
Haha good, always thought i was weird being so ocd about it, sometimes annoying getting those < 5% encounter rate ones though.

I hear ya. I usually end up over-leveling some of my pokemon when trying to find the ones with low spawn rates but I love collecting them all and the sooner I can get more, the better. Or it's just OCD like you said. Heh.
---
3DS Friend Code: 2466-2280-9220 ACNL Town: Cascadia
"Way past cool!" - Sonic the Hedgehog
#7GolurkcanflyPosted 9/22/2013 8:08:09 PM
I actually have a different playstyle every game.

The most recent examples are: White, where I catch every new Pokemon I see and use lots of buffs and debuffs and Black 2, where I mainly focus on weather and status effects while catching only Pokemon I really want and not using items.
---
Official Amnesiac Darkrai of the Pokemon X Board
#8bakkahentai8600Posted 9/22/2013 8:12:48 PM
I don't catch evolved Pokemon, but I do catch all of the pre-evolutions.
---
Previously the_sage2600
I'm baaaacccckkkkk
#9PhroFiXLOL(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2013 8:13:26 PM
Any of you go for specific natures, or ev train a bit early on to get that extra little boost in the stat you want? did that in my last platinum run, and felt really op, wasnt overleveled at all either.
#10zantxPosted 9/22/2013 8:14:52 PM
I started to do that in B2 with the new handy Habitat List feature in the Pokedex. Hopefully that feature returns in X&Y.