This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How early does the whole Pokedex get leaked?

#1GooperBlooperPosted 9/22/2013 8:14:05 PM
On average, I mean? A week ahead? A day ahead?
---
The Blooper has spoken.
#2EmperorDoomPosted 9/22/2013 8:16:06 PM
IIRC when D/P came out the dex was put up by Serebii as him and his people played through the games.
---
"The clapping shall go on for another hour. Have the first one who stops clapping brought out and shot."
--Victor von Doom (Earth-616)
#3NextgrandcrossPosted 9/22/2013 8:18:16 PM
GooperBlooper posted...

Bare in mind, X+Y is getting Released Internationally on the same day everywhere, so it ain't gonna be like previous games which always get released in Japan several months (or a year) before the Western version.

It may be possible that folks may get the game earlier than expected, theirs also the Players Guide for it too which may get leaked. Well beats me, guess we'll have to wait and see.
#4javel34Posted 9/22/2013 8:20:26 PM
A week probably at the earliest, depending on rebel reviewers or an extremely lucky soul.
---
Black 2 FC: 3569 1730 6208 She would return every so often. Her lips tasted like tragedy, but he could never forget her. How could he when she was always near?
#5WaWaluigi803Posted 9/22/2013 8:21:22 PM
I try not to look at the Pokemon before I get the game. It makes the game more exciting.
---
803 is the best number
#6GooperBlooper(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2013 8:23:06 PM
WaWaluigi803 posted...
I try not to look at the Pokemon before I get the game. It makes the game more exciting.

gotta figure out your team man
---
The Blooper has spoken.
#7QuagsireQingPosted 9/22/2013 9:06:04 PM
Nextgrandcross posted...
GooperBlooper posted...

Bare in mind, X+Y is getting Released Internationally on the same day everywhere, so it ain't gonna be like previous games which always get released in Japan several months (or a year) before the Western version.

It may be possible that folks may get the game earlier than expected, theirs (sic) also the Players Guide for it too which may get leaked. Well beats me, guess we'll have to wait and see.

The first guide will likely not give us the whole Dex. The first guide is designed as a pocket-sized manual to introduce us to new features, and give us enough of a start to get the Gym Badges. The full walkthrough comes later, and the Pokédex guide after that. Some Pokémon may be leaked through the first guide, but it may not include the whole Dex.
---
"Cats...are kind of like girls. If they come and talk to you it's great. But if you try to talk to them it doesn't always go so well."
--S. Miyamoto
#8EmperorDoomPosted 9/22/2013 9:08:32 PM
QuagsireQing posted...
Nextgrandcross posted...
GooperBlooper posted...

It may be possible that folks may get the game earlier than expected, theirs (sic) also the Players Guide for it too which may get leaked. Well beats me, guess we'll have to wait and see.

The first guide will likely not give us the whole Dex. The first guide is designed as a pocket-sized manual to introduce us to new features, and give us enough of a start to get the Gym Badges. The full walkthrough comes later, and the Pokédex guide after that. Some Pokémon may be leaked through the first guide, but it may not include the whole Dex.

Hasn't been pocket sized before, but you are correct that the pokedex is usually in volume 2. Although HG/SS did have a regional dex in the back.
---
"The clapping shall go on for another hour. Have the first one who stops clapping brought out and shot."
--Victor von Doom (Earth-616)
#9jEr3mYPosted 9/22/2013 9:39:39 PM
EmperorDoom posted...
QuagsireQing posted...
Nextgrandcross posted...
GooperBlooper posted...

Hasn't been pocket sized before, but you are correct that the pokedex is usually in volume 2. Although HG/SS did have a regional dex in the back.

That's because HG/SS wasn't a new generation... We already knew ALL the pokemon that would be in the games...
---
Non-Specific Action Figure has to be in the next Super Smash Bros game. If you agree, send me a message. Number of people who agree: 19 - updated 27 August 2013
#10KodaklivPosted 9/22/2013 9:44:07 PM
GooperBlooper posted...
WaWaluigi803 posted...

gotta figure out your team man

Thats for after you beat the game, pokemon is more enjoyable going in blind rather then knowing everything.