This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I know a lot of college students who are getting these games

#1xxgamer91xxPosted 9/23/2013 12:24:34 AM
Some reason I know a lot of college students who are getting Pokemon X and Pokemon Y. I don't think I heard any students last year talking about Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 maybe this will be a reboot to the series since it seems its attracting returning fans from Pokemon Red and Blue.
#2EnferolunosPosted 9/23/2013 12:25:56 AM
College students love pokemon
http://www.awkwardzombie.com/index.php?page=0&comic=032910
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFXV, KHIII
Don't start unbelieving! Never do not feel your feelings!
#3darkdragongirlPosted 9/23/2013 12:27:01 AM
Maybe you're just getting out more.

Over half of my physics class is getting it. Seriously, there must be over 100 people in that room, and half the time I hear people talking about Pokémon.

It is weird. Someone even posted a get together on a pin board to exchange friend codes. Creepy.
---
#Ma-champ #2013
#4sonofcasbahPosted 9/23/2013 1:12:26 AM
darkdragongirl posted...

Over half of my physics class is getting it. Seriously, there must be over 100 people in that room, and half the time I hear people talking about Pokémon.

It is weird. Someone even posted a get together on a pin board to exchange friend codes. Creepy.

that sounds fun.

imagine everybody being their own "rivals" and battling eachother with their teams at different points in the game. (beat second gym leader, rival fight, third gym, rival fight and so on.)
---
PSN: SonOfCasbah
3DS FC: 3007-8570-9845
#5xxgamer91xx(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2013 1:16:33 AM
sonofcasbah posted...
darkdragongirl posted...

that sounds fun.

imagine everybody being their own "rivals" and battling eachother with their teams at different points in the game. (beat second gym leader, rival fight, third gym, rival fight and so on.)

I would battle some people in my class, but my class ends two days before Pokemon X and Pokemon Y comes out.
#6MegaMettaurPosted 9/23/2013 1:41:08 AM
darkdragongirl posted...

I don't understand how that is weird or creepy at all. Maybe you're just trolling?
---
(PC): Skullgirls: Squigly <3 Steam ID: MegaMettaurX
(3DS): FC: 0834-1402-9867 - Mega Man Star Force 2 Zerker x Ninja, Contact, Mega Man Zero Collection
#7MirMirosPosted 9/23/2013 2:39:16 AM
Some friends and I where talking about this very thing. The difference between elementary school, high school, and college is that in elementary school you are too young to care what others think, and in college you are old enough to not give a damn what others think.
#8FafnirPosted 9/23/2013 2:42:49 AM
A combination of some genuinely good gameplay, nostalgia, and realizing that there's no point in pretending not to like something just because it's supposedly immature. I don't need to pretend to be mature, I'm mature enough to drink and enjoy being immature.
---
Gamefaqs mods are fair and knowledgable. Failure to accept this fact will result in immediate suspension with no review.
#9MaplesGrandGMPosted 9/23/2013 2:47:47 AM
I don't understand the big deal. Most of us all grew up on Pokemon. Pokemon has been a pretty prevalent pop-culture phenomenon for most of our lives. Maybe it hasn't been as huge as it originally was, but it's still huge, which is shown with every game release.

Not to mention the attention the toys, the cards, and the anime still get.
#10gamermasterwizPosted 9/23/2013 3:14:47 AM
I don't know anyone, but I see a lot of people in my college holding a 3DS and playing Pokemon.
---
Gen IV FC: 2536-3829-5092
Gen V FC: 0819-4243-0361 PSN: blueink8