This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wait a second... we can't transfer from B/W to X/Y? Or from B/W2 for months?

#1DuthosPosted 9/23/2013 3:38:09 AM
What the hell? I need to get the cloud service thing to transfer any pokemon, which won't be available when the game launches... and I still need to buy B/W2 if I only have B/W?

If that is the case then I am done, my pokemon games are going on ebay. I have played the game since crystal, but this is simply too much exploitation. There is no justification whatsover to prevent people from transfering gen V pokemon at launch, and even less to make them buy another game to do so when they feel like allowing it.
---
My superiority complex is better than yours.
#2scrappybristolPosted 9/23/2013 3:39:48 AM
You're tearing me apart, Lisa!
---
http://i.imgur.com/gcr3yHJ.png
scrappy by name, scrappy by reputation
#3EtoRangerPosted 9/23/2013 3:40:25 AM
I do like my steak well done.
#4MasterAdeptAlexPosted 9/23/2013 3:41:07 AM
I think the reason the Poke Bank will not be available until December is because of the holidays. And thats when GF assumes they will get the most sales from.
---
"There is good in this world, Mr.Frodo.....and it's all worth fighting for." Samwise Gamgee in Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
#5EJWPosted 9/23/2013 3:45:32 AM(edited)
Duthos posted...
I still need to buy B/W2 if I only have B/W?

No you don't. You can transfer from B/W to X/Y.
---
Don't waste my time with your crappy facepalm, facedesk, sigh, eye roll, head shake, or stupid looks like >_<, >_>, or -_-. They're annoying as hell
#6Duthos(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2013 3:50:24 AM
EJW; do you have a source? I want to believe, it will largely save the game for me, but everything I have read seems to indicate B/W2 is needed.

Is there a workaround for the cloud thing? I don't want to need the internet to transfer, nor do I want to want to sign up for anything.
---
#7EJWPosted 9/23/2013 3:52:25 AM
http://www.serebii.net/xy/poketransporter.shtml
---
Don't waste my time with your crappy facepalm, facedesk, sigh, eye roll, head shake, or stupid looks like >_<, >_>, or -_-. They're annoying as hell
#8Duthos(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2013 3:58:32 AM
Thanks. So there is no known way to transfer directly from a DS to a 3DS? Has it been confirmed there is no way, or is the information just not available yet?

And if the former, does that mean that even if people have two 3ds's they will still need online to trade?
---
#9JarickoPosted 9/23/2013 4:01:19 AM
Duthos posted...
Thanks. So there is no known way to transfer directly from a DS to a 3DS? Has it been confirmed there is no way, or is the information just not available yet?

And if the former, does that mean that even if people have two 3ds's they will still need online to trade?

You make an app program that takes the data off the card. You put the 3ds game in and you then transfer that to the 3ds game? I mean dream radar put stuff in your 3ds game cart. I see no reason it could not work in reverse.
---
Jaricko - Official Venustoise of the omniverse / bacon in the fridge for all those who cry out in hunger of the Gamefaq's 3ds boards.
#10beebarbPosted 9/23/2013 4:15:06 AM
Jaricko posted...
Duthos posted...

You make an app program that takes the data off the card. You put the 3ds game in and you then transfer that to the 3ds game? I mean dream radar put stuff in your 3ds game cart. I see no reason it could not work in reverse.

You do realise that is effectively what the Poke Transporter will be doing? Only difference is it's using the Pokemon Bank instead of local storage as the intermediary, which makes far more sense as it will ensure the process works well into the future.
---
Experience beats bias, but words on the Internet are meaningless.
3DS XL FC: 2492-4470-1418 / White 2 FC: 0047-4149-5185 / White FC: 0348-0626-6780