This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wait a second... we can't transfer from B/W to X/Y? Or from B/W2 for months?

#11JarickoPosted 9/23/2013 4:23:09 AM
beebarb posted...
Jaricko posted...
Duthos posted...
Thanks. So there is no known way to transfer directly from a DS to a 3DS? Has it been confirmed there is no way, or is the information just not available yet?

And if the former, does that mean that even if people have two 3ds's they will still need online to trade?

You make an app program that takes the data off the card. You put the 3ds game in and you then transfer that to the 3ds game? I mean dream radar put stuff in your 3ds game cart. I see no reason it could not work in reverse.

You do realise that is effectively what the Poke Transporter will be doing? Only difference is it's using the Pokemon Bank instead of local storage as the intermediary, which makes far more sense as it will ensure the process works well into the future.

Yea i am aware of the poke bank. I was just talking about how possible it is. Obviously its possible if they made the feature to begin with but we have already had software that functioned similar. This just also has cloud storage which is not all that surprising considering the 3ds can upload.
---
Jaricko - Official Venustoise of the omniverse / bacon in the fridge for all those who cry out in hunger of the Gamefaq's 3ds boards.
#12beebarbPosted 9/23/2013 4:30:01 AM
Jaricko posted...
Yea i am aware of the poke bank. I was just talking about how possible it is. Obviously its possible if they made the feature to begin with but we have already had software that functioned similar. This just also has cloud storage which is not all that surprising considering the 3ds can upload.

Ah, though something in this topic doesn't make sense. Why would people complain about the wait? It's obvious it's delayed because they have to get the servers configured and running.

On that note, why would anyone think the delay is caused by any reason other than this?
---
Experience beats bias, but words on the Internet are meaningless.
3DS XL FC: 2492-4470-1418 / White 2 FC: 0047-4149-5185 / White FC: 0348-0626-6780
#13MaplesGrandGMPosted 9/23/2013 4:40:37 AM
beebarb posted...
Jaricko posted...

Ah, though something in this topic doesn't make sense. Why would people complain about the wait? It's obvious it's delayed because they have to get the servers configured and running.

On that note, why would anyone think the delay is caused by any reason other than this?

People are complaining because they feel entitled.

Nevermind the fact that, what GameFreak does with Pokemon as a whole, is pretty unprecedented. They are the only game company, that I'm aware of, that let's you keep any data from previous games at all. If they decided it was impossible to transfer Pokemon at all, I'd be fine with it, and I don't see what makes people think that they are entitled to be able to keep that data from generation to generation.

It's just more work for them, and they could make MORE money, by not allowing it. Yet, they sit there and work on a program that will allow you to transfer, and even have to get servers running to help you be able to do this, well into future generations, and it's not good enough for people.

Grow up, the world doesn't revolve around you, and by all rights, Nintendo/GameFreak do not need to keep helping you keep data transferring to each new generation. No other company does it.
#14Infernus93Posted 9/23/2013 5:30:55 AM
MaplesGrandGM posted...
Nevermind the fact that, what GameFreak does with Pokemon as a whole, is pretty unprecedented. They are the only game company, that I'm aware of, that let's you keep any data from previous games at all.

Nah, other games have done it. It's been employed in various forms, too.

In games like Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando and ATV Offroad Fury 2,having a save file of the prior game opens up special unlocks and the like. In the Armored Core series, you can transfer your entire game save so long as it was part of the current sequence. Even once they became incompatible, there was still things that you could use from game to game (emblems).

These are just some notable examples off the top of my head. I know there's a bunch more out there.

Other than that, I agree with both sides of the argument. There's definitely an unmerited sense of entitlement here, but it'll also be annoying if this ends up being an online only feature.
---
Bow down to a true Pokemon-Amiiie!