This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Trading boards for pokemon games are dumb and pointless

#1Alexoneill77777Posted 9/23/2013 8:09:01 AM
Can someone explain to me the point in trading pokemon when you can just download them straight from pokecheak? The people on the boards do not even want public pokemon from pokecheak even if they are perfectly legit. What is the point in this when you can get exactly the same pokemon from pokecheak without wasting time trading?
---
FC- 3754 7190 4070
I hate gold watering cans so much you don't even know
#2CakeOfLiesPosted 9/23/2013 8:09:42 AM
Pokecheck is cheating.
Trade boards aren't.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3139-7420-3142 - THIEF
#30-172Posted 9/23/2013 8:10:47 AM
Not everyone uses Pokecheck.
---
Pokemon Black 2: 5415-7721-4394 / Pokemon Black: 2021-8978-9942
3DS FC: 4811-8229-7673
#4PikaleyPosted 9/23/2013 8:16:32 AM
CakeOfLies posted...
Pokecheck is cheating.
Trade boards aren't.

---
3ds fc - 4983-5114-5815, Name: Brad
Official Pikachu and MegaPikachu of the Pokemon X Board
#5DeitylightPosted 9/23/2013 8:18:13 AM
The whole point of pokecheck was to check for hacked pokemon.
I think Nintendo might actually remove pokecheck this time around because it serves a similar function to the pokebank.
#6Alexoneill77777(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2013 8:26:04 AM
It's no more of a cheat than trading, as almost all the traders use it for cloning there pokemon, and make it private so its more "valuable".
---
FC- 3754 7190 4070
#7beebarbPosted 9/23/2013 8:27:38 AM
Deitylight posted...
I think Nintendo might actually remove pokecheck this time around because it serves a similar function to the pokebank.

Pokecheck isn't run by Nintendo. But if you meant they might submit a C&D against the operators of the site, I doubt it.

Pokecheck isn't just used to cheat. It's used for the following as well:

1. Backup - someone could lose a Pokemon somehow and need to have a way to get it back.
2. Legality check - People check to see if something they recieved in a trade is legitimate.
3. Trade verification - People use it to show what they are offering before a trade.

TC is quite naive if he thinks there is no point to normal trading. Just because you can get something easily, doesn't mean you should.

Public Pokemon from Pokecheck are unwanted on trade boards because everyone knows that they've already been downloaded several times over. Plus half the time they are hacks, or not that good.
---
Experience beats bias, but words on the Internet are meaningless.
3DS XL FC: 2492-4470-1418 / White 2 FC: 0047-4149-5185 / White FC: 0348-0626-6780
#8Alexoneill77777(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2013 8:31:02 AM
beebarb posted...
Deitylight posted...

Pokecheck isn't run by Nintendo. But if you meant they might submit a C&D against the operators of the site, I doubt it.

Pokecheck isn't just used to cheat. It's used for the following as well:

1. Backup - someone could lose a Pokemon somehow and need to have a way to get it back.
2. Legality check - People check to see if something they recieved in a trade is legitimate.
3. Trade verification - People use it to show what they are offering before a trade.

TC is quite naive if he thinks there is no point to normal trading. Just because you can get something easily, doesn't mean you should.

Public Pokemon from Pokecheck are unwanted on trade boards because everyone knows that they've already been downloaded several times over. Plus half the time they are hacks, or not that good.

Just because a pokemon has been downloaded several times, it does not make it advantageous to pokemon that only a few people have in any way.
---
FC- 3754 7190 4070
#9sonictrainerPosted 9/23/2013 8:33:30 AM
Alexoneill77777 posted...
Can someone explain to me the point in trading pokemon when you can just download them straight from pokecheak?

Meeting new people who also only use Legit Pokemon.
---
The fastest Pokemon trainer alive!
#10KeldonisPosted 9/23/2013 8:38:42 AM(edited)
It's just the way the community works. People don't like the idea of hacks/public/generated pokemon and want to preserve their "legitimacy."

And rightfully so. The whole point of the trading community is to exchange pokemon. If a pokemon can simply be generated/hacked that pretty much defeats the entire purpose of preserving any kind of value/rarity.

Ironically, (and playing a bit of devils advocate here) I think it's kind of a double standard. Truly "legit" would be no clones, no RNG'ing, etc, since technically they are using a tool that is outside the game's boundaries to obtain what they want (AR, etc).

Yes, a clone is an exact copy of a real pokemon's data, but in essence it's still a copy and therefore not truly legit IMO.

Then again, without cloning no one would ever trade their valuable events/shiny's, so overall it's a welcomed thing in the pokemon trading community and generally seen as acceptable.

A good hacker can also make it near impossible to tell the difference unless they're a total idiot.

Overall, it just depends on the community. Clones/RNG's are typically accepted. Hacks/generated pokemon are not. (Unless it's in the competitive/battling community). Even then, some people still take pride in breeding/training up their pokes legitimately.
---
We trained harder than you today, and we're gonna party harder than you tonight. Mint with the crew.