This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

It's like they are actually trying to make the best Pokemon game ever.

#1seafoamwavesPosted 9/23/2013 9:59:31 AM
Dayum. The only thing it's missing is I wish the camera was more like a tradition third person adventure game.
#2Tempestuous_SeaPosted 9/23/2013 10:02:02 AM
Nonsense. If they're trying to make X and Y the best Pokemon games ever, they'll have a hard time topping them with their next release.
---
standing on the edge of the world
and I dont want you to catch me
#3kingjam1Posted 9/23/2013 10:02:13 AM
Isn't that what they're supposed to do?
---
Can't think of anything
#4nazacuckooPosted 9/23/2013 10:12:16 AM
How long do you think it will be before we get another pokemon game after X/Y?
A year? To be honest I'm ok with Pokemon being annualised. If only a year, how do they plan on topping X and Y if it's the best Pokemon game ever? But I agree, X/Y looks like the Pokemon game I always wanted. My only problem with it so far is that it looks like they'll be adding a lot of the older Pokemon. And to be honest, the older guys don't interest me too much because I have most of them already.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag: NazaCageRatt
The official Stalfos of the "A link to the Past 3DS" board.
#5Unown_201Posted 9/23/2013 10:12:23 AM
I agree, there is a definite sense of effort this gen. Normally there are a couple of new features added, but this gen new features are being announced constantly.

It almost feels like the Zelda Ocarina of Time of the pokemon series to me, where the transition to 3D opened up so many new ways of doing things that it was revolutionary.
#6Lucis_FerrePosted 9/23/2013 10:31:33 AM
It's almost like every generation they try to use new technology and new ideas to push boundaries and constantly evolve the games while staying true to the root concept of turn-based monster collection and battling.
---
'Success rates are but scientific theory. A brave heart will defy any odds!'
'Don't beg for things, do it yourself or else you won't get anything.'
#7CakeOfLiesPosted 9/23/2013 10:33:30 AM
Unown_201 posted...
I agree, there is a definite sense of effort this gen. Normally there are a couple of new features added, but this gen new features are being announced constantly.

It almost feels like the Zelda Ocarina of Time of the pokemon series to me, where the transition to 3D opened up so many new ways of doing things that it was revolutionary.

The OoT of Pokemon?
YES FREAKING PLEASE!
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3139-7420-3142 - THIEF
#8Master XPosted 9/23/2013 10:34:06 AM
I just hope they add all the post game tournaments BEFORE a special third release. I always want to play them, but after going through nearly the same game twice I'm so drained and no longer care.
---
GAMERTAG: Casperstar X "For those of you wondering whether the above made sense, you've just answered your own question."
#9nazacuckooPosted 9/23/2013 10:34:49 AM
Unown_201 posted...

Sounds like it, to be honest. They're adding so many features that every has been asking for.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag: NazaCageRatt
The official Stalfos of the "A link to the Past 3DS" board.
#10JustwanttolookPosted 9/23/2013 10:37:22 AM
Oh, come on <.< These are the primary games of a new generation. As such they will lack things like actual post-game content, move tutors and Battle frontier/PWT.
And then it will be added with various extra goodies in the remake/sequel...