This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

It's like they are actually trying to make the best Pokemon game ever.

#11Cheesepower5Posted 9/23/2013 9:38:38 AM
CakeOfLies posted...
Unown_201 posted...
I agree, there is a definite sense of effort this gen. Normally there are a couple of new features added, but this gen new features are being announced constantly.

It almost feels like the Zelda Ocarina of Time of the pokemon series to me, where the transition to 3D opened up so many new ways of doing things that it was revolutionary.

The OoT of Pokemon?
YES FREAKING PLEASE!

Especially if it means that Gen VII will be the Majora's Mask of Pokemon?

(AKA, Gen VI but 20 times trippier.)
---
We are the champions, but me most of all!
Official Eikichi Mishina of all MegaTen boards.
#12fon1988Posted 9/23/2013 9:40:26 AM
Lucis_Ferre posted...
It's almost like every generation they try to use new technology and new ideas to push boundaries and constantly evolve the games while staying true to the root concept of turn-based monster collection and battling.

What absurd nonsense is this?!
---
NNID: PoisonShroom
#13NessEggmanPosted 9/23/2013 9:40:50 AM
"It's like they are actually trying to make the best Pokemon game ever."

How did you get that impression? I haven't heard a thing about contests or secret bases yet... Nor have a seen a baby Nosepass...
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
3DS FC: 2750 1911 5515
#14CakeOfLiesPosted 9/23/2013 9:42:47 AM
Cheesepower5 posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
Unown_201 posted...
I agree, there is a definite sense of effort this gen. Normally there are a couple of new features added, but this gen new features are being announced constantly.

It almost feels like the Zelda Ocarina of Time of the pokemon series to me, where the transition to 3D opened up so many new ways of doing things that it was revolutionary.

The OoT of Pokemon?
YES FREAKING PLEASE!

YES!
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3139-7420-3142 - THIEF
#15SirPiercePosted 9/23/2013 9:47:20 AM
kingjam1 posted...
Isn't that what they're supposed to do?

This.

I'm pretty sure this is the primary goal of every game company when releasing a new game.
---
Xerneas, The DNAntler Pokemon
Currently Awaiting...SSBU, SSB3DS, Pokemon X, Pokemon Y and Watch Dogs.
#16HabefietPosted 9/23/2013 10:03:38 AM
Lucis_Ferre posted...
It's almost like every generation they try to use new technology and new ideas to push boundaries and constantly evolve the games while staying true to the root concept of turn-based monster collection and battling.

Explain the manner in which Black/White did this? I'm struggling to come up with any new ideas/boundary-pushing in B/W.
#17Cheesepower5Posted 9/23/2013 10:08:05 AM
Habefiet posted...
Lucis_Ferre posted...

Explain the manner in which Black/White did this? I'm struggling to come up with any new ideas/boundary-pushing in B/W.

Tried to give it a bigger focus on story, I guess?
---
We are the champions, but me most of all!
Official Eikichi Mishina of all MegaTen boards.
#18Unown_201Posted 9/23/2013 10:14:34 AM
Cheesepower5 posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
Unown_201 posted...

The OoT of Pokemon?
YES FREAKING PLEASE!

I would be all for that, MM is great as well. A darker story would be nice also.

The only problem would be if this means gen 8 will take places on a great ocean with 15 minutes of surfing between islands.
#19Phoenix_HeartPosted 9/23/2013 1:27:18 PM
Unown_201 posted...
Cheesepower5 posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
Unown_201 posted...

The OoT of Pokemon?
YES FREAKING PLEASE!

I would be all for that, MM is great as well. A darker story would be nice also.

The only problem would be if this means gen 8 will take places on a great ocean with 15 minutes of surfing between islands.

Hmmm surfing for 15 minutes.
Hoenn remakes?
---
I'm starting to wonder if all the mods on this site are the same person, and if that person is even old enough to be here.