This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

About the final starter evos... (could be spoilers, idk)

#1RoyalMooglePosted 9/23/2013 10:59:05 AM
I know pokebeach has some confirmed rumors, but I don't think their final evo typings for the starters are right.

They have them being grass/dark, fire/psychic, water/fighting

If you look at the pokedex entries for the second forms on serebii it doesn't really follow:

Quilladin
"When Chespin evolves into Quilladin, the hard spikes on its body grow even sturdier. Despite its prickly appearance, Quilladin is considered a gentle Pokémon that avoids battle."

I'm sorry, but if it avoids battle then why would it be dark type? I got the feeling that dark pokemon the more malicious/uncaring archetype. I think it will be grass/steel, a knight. Mainly because quilladin sounds like paladin.

Braixen
I have no qualms on this one. Fire/Psychic sounds about right. Maybe a music conducter using the wand as a baton

Frogadier
"Frogadier evolves from Froakie, and when it does, its jumping skill improves. During battle, Frogadier confounds its opponents by leaping about the ceiling or into trees."

I don't think this indicates a fighting type. If anything, this evo will be Water/Dark, since it jumps around. I'm thinking it will become a ninja, with its bubble shroud coming over its face in classic ninja style.

These are just my opinions and predictions. Feel free to call me stupid or whatever.

sources:
http://serebii.net/xy/pokemon.shtml
http://pokebeach.com/2013/06/pokebeach-x-y-rumor-roundup-and-clarifications
#2RotomGuy3Posted 9/23/2013 11:00:12 AM
They said Grass/Fighting and Water/Dark first, then changed it.
#3Rayquaza_is_ZPosted 9/23/2013 11:00:46 AM
That's one part of the rumor I hope is false.
Never liked Grass/Dark typing :/
I hope Chespin evolves into a bulky Grass/Rock type and Grass/Steel is also not too far off.

inb4notypetriangles
---
http://i.imgur.com/EOXWVm0.jpg Do you wanna be cool?
Join the Reservoir Dragons! Support Draceon
for 2013!
#4TyranidomegaPosted 9/23/2013 11:05:40 AM
Music conductor? Fenniken/Braixen are based off the mage class from classic RPG's
---
Official hot fudge sundae of the IDF
Official Hydreigon of the Pokemon B/W 2 Boards.
#5Great_ReapettePosted 9/23/2013 11:07:38 AM
Calling it now: Braixen gives up being a mage and becomes a boxer instead.
---
Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.
#6paiprPosted 9/23/2013 11:10:46 AM
While I am far from a supporter of the Grass/Dark type evo for Quilladin, I do want to point out, Quilladin avoids battle. We don't know if that's the case for its evo. It is possible that either feeling bullied, or being tired of getting mocked cause it to evolve into more of a underhanded battler aka /Dark type. Also I can see an argument made for how curling into a ball and having sharp quills (that possibly poison) is a underhanded tactic. And that's what Dark types are really about underhanded tactics.
---
.....said an almost 30 year old married guy driving a van part time for a living
3ds my fc, 0602-6823-9646, my wifes 0146.9112.0071
#7RoyalMoogle(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2013 11:10:50 AM
Tyranidomega posted...
Music conductor? Fenniken/Braixen are based off the mage class from classic RPG's

How so?
#8CakeOfLiesPosted 9/23/2013 11:12:40 AM
I think Grass/Steel and Grass/Ground make much more sense than Grass/Fighting and Grass/Dark with Quilladin's name and dex description.
Quill + paladin? Yeah. dark. Whatever you say.
Dislikes fighting? Fighting type cunfurmd.
Hard shell? Rollout? Mud Shot? No way Steel or Ground is possible.

Water/Dark and Water/Fighting both seem possible though (a Fighting type ninja isn't totally stupid considering we have a Bug/Flying ninja). My problem is that a Water/Dark frog would be awful competitively. It wouldn't be able to learn moves like Crunch or anything and can't get STAB on moves like Close Combat (it probably won't even learn Close Combat).
Water/Fighting on the other hand would be fantastic (Keldeo says hi). Close Combat and punching moves aren't totally out of the question (Toxicroak learns punching moves. Why can't Froakie?), so a Water/Fighting mixed sweeper/wallbreaker would make sense, AND it would be great in battle. An Infernape that functions well in the rain? DO WANT.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3139-7420-3142 - THIEF
#9CakeOfLiesPosted 9/23/2013 11:13:08 AM
Great_Reapette posted...
Calling it now: Braixen gives up being a mage and becomes a boxer instead.

No, man.
It uses that stick as a quarterstaff.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3139-7420-3142 - THIEF
#10TyranidomegaPosted 9/23/2013 11:23:20 AM(edited)
RoyalMoogle posted...
Tyranidomega posted...

How so?

In an interview, Masuda confirmed that the 3 starters are based off RPG archetypes. This confirmed the fan idea that:

Chespin=knight

Fenniken=mage

Froakie=rogue/thief(or maybe even strider)
---
Official hot fudge sundae of the IDF
Official Hydreigon of the Pokemon B/W 2 Boards.